Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new JBL 250ti's (Limited Edition)

I can’t explain why you are not hearing the bang with a different speaker, but this has to be a problem in your amp. Try a different amp to confirm, but speakers are passive devices and cannot create noises, they only reproduce them.

I’m not familiar with your particular speakers, but if they have batteries, these are for a charge coupled crossover network and will not cause a noise. If your speakers do have batteries they will be readily visible on the back of the speaker near the adjustment straps.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Breum View Post
    Hello.

Pardon my English, i am coming from Denmark

I write to you because i have a problem with my speakers.When i shut Down the power on my amplifier there is coming a "bang" from the speakers. I have tested the amplifier with some other speakers and there is no problem. Only if i play on my JBL, is it posible that the problem is on the board inside the speakers, i have read somewhere that there is a form of battery on the board ????
    Let me hear your opinion

Greetings from Denmark - Mr Ole Breum
    If you turn the volume on the amp DOWN before you turn off the amp, do you get the same bang ?

When I turn off my Adcom amp , about 5 seconds later i hear a chirp (we call it a "fairy fart") through the speakers and then the power light will fully be dark. Am told that it is a cap discharging and normal.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Breum View Post
    Hello.

Pardon my English, i am coming from Denmark

I write to you because i have a problem with my speakers.When i shut Down the power on my amplifier there is coming a "bang" from the speakers. I have tested the amplifier with some other speakers and there is no problem. Only if i play on my JBL, is it posible that the problem is on the board inside the speakers, i have read somewhere that there is a form of battery on the board ????
    Let me hear your opinion

Greetings from Denmark - Mr Ole Breum
    I'm sure this is the amp. But oddly enough this can sometimes be caused by grounding issues, so have a look at your grounding on the amp and system.

Thread Information