Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL 4365 Active Crossover settings

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I don't remember that being the case. I posted the voltage drives to both networks years ago, I don't remember where though. For example, the low pass filters on the 1500AL-1 and 1500Fe are nearly identical. 6.2 mH series, 27 uF parallel versus 39 uF parallel, and 1.0 mH series.
    Can you find/get the voltage drive? I would be very grateful. I only have the italian magazine one.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    Can you find/get the voltage drive? I would be very grateful. I only have the italian magazine one.
    At some point I need to load LEAP onto a PC and then I can get them for you. I have a laptop in mind I just haven't gotten around to loading any software onto it. It needs an OS, AutoCAD, LEAP, HiQnet, and DEQX loaded onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    At some point I need to load LEAP onto a PC and then I can get them for you. I have a laptop in mind I just haven't gotten around to loading any software onto it. It needs an OS, AutoCAD, LEAP, HiQnet, and DEQX loaded onto it.
    Please help a brother in need!

After some more listening tonight, I think I prefer how my fully active setup sounded.
    I will probably make another go at trying to improve those dsp settings.

At a first glance, looking at the voltage drive for the K2S9900 posted at this site, the curve looks pretty "simple" to translate into dsp-settings. But then I realise it is dbV on the y-axle and not Db. Are those equivalents? Or do I have to convert dbV to Db in some way to know what to enter into the dsp?

Can I use S9900 voltage drive for my speaker you think? The compression driver is the same, but maybe not the horn?

K2 S9900 voltage drive (source: user 4313B) next to 4365 voltage drive (source italian magazine Audio review)
    I note that S9900 has this shelfing in the bass that I also added to my own settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I think your best option is to push 1audiohack to do the measurements and crossover settings on his, and share them on the forum

What measurement tools do you have at hand?

OK, I just reread your first post.

If you could take precise measurements and share the impulses then we could probably be able to try some crossover settings.

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post

If you could take precise measurements and share the impulses then we could probably be able to try some crossover settings.
    Will do. But I am still waiting for the protection caps. Jantzen Crosscap 68uF.

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    I think your best option is to push 1audiohack to do the measurements and crossover settings on his, and share them on the forum

I tried to change to Linkwitz-Riley 24Db/oct and, whoooah, the sound I want!
    I must measure to see what happened, I guess the cancellations/suckouts after the crossover point dissapeared.

Active LF, Passive HF/UHF settings:
    24Db/oct Linkwitz-Riley slope at 600Hz.
    +8Db low-shelf at 136Hz, 6db/oct slope.
    LF delay 0.10m.

It sounds insaneley good now
    If I only could replicate this sound fully active, with that extra percentage clarity and dynamics, then I would be in heaven.
    Who will convert the 4365 HF voltage drive into dsp-settings for me?! I promise to send some Swedish delicacies to you! (we have some scary stuff as well, fermented herrings, snus, cray fish etc)

Just a opinion...

From a city-billy audiophile..

I found the 1501Fe to sound best for me in a 2 - way with 2445/Be/500hz Edgarhorn when crossed over @ 375hz 24db LR and the Horn @ 750Hz 18db oct BW and passive EQ (Pi spkr X-over type).

I'm looking at 2206/E-145/2226 passive 2-way run with tubed amp bi-amped between 100hz to 150hz with SS amp on 1501Fe for LF duty.

All the cabs can be small and still provide all the LF reproduction I need,

Just my 2 cents...

Regards, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Quote Originally Posted by spkrman57 View Post
    From a city-billy audiophile..

I found the 1501Fe to sound best for me in a 2 - way with 2445/Be/500hz Edgarhorn when crossed over @ 375hz 24db LR and the Horn @ 750Hz 18db oct BW and passive EQ (Pi spkr X-over type).

I'm looking at 2206/E-145/2226 passive 2-way run with tubed amp bi-amped between 100hz to 150hz with SS amp on 1501Fe for LF duty.

All the cabs can be small and still provide all the LF reproduction I need,

Just my 2 cents...

Regards, Ron
    Interesting, thanks! The M2 uses that kind of different slopes as well, if I remember correctly.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    K2 S9900 voltage drive (source: user 4313B) next to 4365 voltage drive (source italian magazine Audio review)
    I note that S9900 has this shelfing in the bass that I also added to my own settings.
    That is the voltage drive G.T. recommended for bi-amp operation. A person plugs that voltage drive into their active/DSP filter. For example, a Crown can emulate that. Those two voltage drives are an invalid comparison. I wish I could find the thread all that information was posted in.

Thread Information