Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL 4365 Active Crossover settings

Mctwins
    Hmm... I have plenty off bass.....

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    I do not want to post the settings here because it is POS work. It is up to him to post them here, when he finds it fit.
    I need to confirm our settings with a new set of measurement with your new calibrated mic.
    The <500Hz settings will potentially not translate very well to other 4365 owners because of the influence of the room that cannot be taken out of the equation with "in-house" measurements... (that said we did not try to address room modes and only used low Q EQS in that range, so it should be okay...).
    Last but not least, our settings are partly constrained by the DSP unit you are using in term of Q and frequency setting precision (step), as well as the sheer number of EQ points available.
    There are also a few EQ points that will likely only be valid for your particular drivers, because they are done in frequency ranges where unit-to-unit consistency is not (and cannot be) guarantied with enough precision. This is the case for the two high Q breakup peaks in the stop band of the woofer, that were different in your woofer (you only measured one) and the ones in the curves from the 1501Fe EDS.
    By the way it is interesting to note that the breakup peaks in the 2216nd are not addressed in the M2 settings either, probably for the exact same reason, whereas some other minor (but more consistent) things were actually addressed.

I know now that there is nothing wrong with the stock 4365 passive filter. It is me prefering +9dB in the low frequencies. I have been ruined by having subs "too high for too long"
    I would have to look that up but IIRC the setting with a +9dB EQ point down low results in a ~+6dB "gentle" bump when all the other EQs are taken into account.
    This is similar to what you typically see in house curves.

I am keenly interested in this as I have just powered up the 4365's with a new Crown I-TECH 5000 HD amp. I will also now have this flexability.

Thanks guys!

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

P in POS stands for Phase, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    I am keenly interested in this as I have just powered up the 4365's with a new Crown I-TECH 5000 HD amp. I will also now have this flexability.

Thanks guys!

Barry.
    Wow, that is one nice amp (and dsp/dac). Do you have 2 of them?

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    By the way it is interesting to note that the breakup peaks in the 2216nd are not addressed in the M2 settings either, probably for the exact same reason, whereas some other minor (but more consistent) things were actually addressed.
    I suspect your new project will address them, for your drivers

Feels like I am the only one here not ordering the M2 stuff. But I will wait with regretting that until I see you get any parts!

Quality measurements done today, with calibrated mic and 8 sweeps per measurement.
    Measured in a lot of different positions of the mic. Exact same position in middle of room for both speakers.
    No soundcard calibration used.
    Now we just have to wait for the pos magic

Ground plane measurements around listening position done today for the LF drivers.

Ground plane measurements around listening position done today for the LF drivers.
    Why are they not attached to your post?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas_h View Post
    Why are they not attached to your post?
    It is very much data. If you want the raw REW data with impulse responses it is on my dropbox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/al5n8gqa9...PGuhEVTAa?dl=0

Pics from latest measuring session.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I have an dbx4820 incoming from Ebay. Will be interesting to see if it sounds different than the 260.
    It will give me 2 more PEQ per individual driver. But most importantly for me, digital inputs.

Anyone tried using 4800/4820 for volume control? There are wired external volume knobs from dbx:
    http://dbxpro.com/en-US/product_fami...controllers-us

But I would like to do the volume control with an IR-remote, any suggestion/tips of how to do that?

....Anyone tried using 4800/4820 for volume control? There are wired external volume knobs from dbx:
    http://dbxpro.com/en-US/product_fami...controllers-us

But I would like to do the volume control with an IR-remote, any suggestion/tips of how to do that?
    I am keenly interested in this as well.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Voltage drive and frequency response for the JBL 4365. Source: Italian magazine Audio Review.
    When I measure the stock passive filter of 4365 I also get this comb filtering (as Audio Review magazine) where the UHF kicks in.
    This seems to be because of the HF and UHF drivers are very out of time/distance alignement, right pos?

Note, I do not get this comb filtering with active setup with exact same measurement, so it is not a fault in the measuring or induced by the room.

Mctwins
    When I measure the stock passive filter of 4365 I also get this comb filtering (as Audio Review magazine) where the UHF kicks in.
    This seems to be because of the HF and UHF drivers are very out of time/distance alignement, right pos?

Note, I do not get this comb filtering with active setup with exact same measurement, so it is not a fault in the measuring or induced by the room.
    I have not notice this when I did the measurments close to the HF and UHF with my 4365. Some happy day I will remeasure and see if I have some anomalies. Right now it is more fun to play music.

Remember, you must intstall AudioArchitecht to be able to work with dbx4820. The 4820 don't have a front panel display. This is how I understand it.

Thread Information