Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My new jbl 4365

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    Hallo!

Dave....Please, are you telling me to shut up when it's you who started in post95 and telling me that the amplifier I have is not cheap and I could go with better for the same price with purer sound, c'mon!!!

and in post99...still arguing about the priceand telling me that the Crown or other pro gear can't achive this goal to produce purer sound.

If you are able to write such argument then you have to be ready to take both positive and negative criticism before telling people to shut-up. You have never been in my room, so how do you know if it sounds good or not with the pro gear. Yes, you are correct that I have not been in your room, but I know one or two things how it sounds in a non acoustically treated room vs treated rooms.

We are going around in circles here....you keep your point of view and I keep mine...shall we!!!
    Fair enough!
    S4700 owner.

Mctwins
    Hallo!

I am going to have a party this evening....let's hope the speakers will survive the high volume

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    I hope the party survives the speakers!

Mctwins
    Hallo!

We all did survive the party, some had little bit more beer than me. They didn't like the highvolume sound, I do realize that I do play loud when listening by myself. I did let my friends decide the volume setting that evening, I wasen't worried at all....Could push it a little bit more.

Nice!

Are the speakers or amps hungover?

Mctwins
    Hallo!

I have done a measurement 1 meter on axis from the speaker. I took it where the speaker is standing. The passive network seems to be working well.

The Red Curve is 1/6 oct

The Blue Curve is 1/24 oct
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Well, I have to say that these speakers ROCK's , great detail in voices and the bass has a good grip and sounds firm and tight. The mid bass, specially the snaredrum and perccusion sounds tight as well. I love the pluck sound. It really hits you even on low volume level. I have not yet pushed them with high volume levels, soon I will, maybe this evening.

Too me, I still really don't understand what this means "Break In" time , they sound good allready, if I had these for years.

One thing is for sure, they are heavy to be moved around by one person. this is the only complaint I have with these speakers.

Funkydelala

Here is an except from the owners manual regarding break in:

As with most speakers, the 4365 has transducers whose suspensions will take several weeks to “break in” and achieve
    optimum performance. During this period, the balance between the woofer, HF and UHF drivers may change, so we
    recommend that you adjust the HF and UHF controls accordingly.

Sorry for the small print. I may be on the verge of acquiring a pair of these myself.
    Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Hi Tom;

Do you still have the 1400's?

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Hi Tom;

Do you still have the 1400's?

Barry.
    I do still have the 1400's. IF I can get my hands on the 4365's they are heading into a "Man Cave", or as I like to call it, the music room.
    Careful man, there's a beverage here!

That's just about exactly what happenend here.

I left the Array subs in the room with the 4365's and it is near heaven.

I hope you get them!

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by tom1040 View Post
    Here is an except from the owners manual regarding break in:

As with most speakers, the 4365 has transducers whose suspensions will take several weeks to “break in” and achieve
    optimum performance. During this period, the balance between the woofer, HF and UHF drivers may change, so we
    recommend that you adjust the HF and UHF controls accordingly.

Sorry for the small print. I may be on the verge of acquiring a pair of these myself.
    Hallo!

Several weeks has already passed. They are definitive "Breaked- In" since April.

You will have a great speakers, that's for sure.

Ah HA! I didn't know that was also in the manual about break-in. See I told you so.

Mctwins
    Power Performance
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Yes. you are correct and I understand the difference between the K2 and 4365, but, there is no bi-amp switch on 4365 and the network is still in working order when bi-amping. Still, I don't have to worry or go with the hassle to adjust the x-overs voltage vs freq response. To me, regarding bi-wire vs singel wire, single wire wins. It sounds better. Sounds cleaner and more coherent sound.

Maybe I hear the difference becasue one single cable goes from the amp directly to the speaker. To me, it is allready bi-wired(inside the cabinet of the 4365) from the binding post to the seperate Woofer and HF. Don't have to buy another sets of cable for the 4429
    My experience is quite the opposite with my K2 M9500. The M9500 allows for passive Bi Amping just like the 4365. With single wire, during loud complex passages the sound can get congested and instruments separation would be not so clean. With passive bi amping, it does not have the same issues. But I must add that I used identical amps and cables for bi amping to remove any discrepancies in timing etc.

Thread Information