Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My new jbl 4365

Those are beauts! What are the little gaffers pushed behind them? Little brothers?

I can only confirm that these speakers sounds really great.

A pair of fine speakers indeed.

And I know how heavy they are, I helped Mctwins to get them in the house.
    Luckily they were all OK in regards to the shipping damage.

I love them

Quote Originally Posted by Bobecca View Post
    I can only confirm that these speakers sounds really great.

A pair of fine speakers indeed.

And I know how heavy they are, I helped Mctwins to get them in the house.
    Luckily they were all OK in regards to the shipping damage.

I love them
    They are not as bad as the DD66000/67000s to move around, but for their size they are surprisingly heavy... and thank goodness the packaging is ample to allow for that level of abuse!

They certaily do show us that GT and the team know how to get great sound out from their great drivers. I do wish they were willing to go with real walnut veneer though. That vertical grained manufactured veneer is not my favorite.

Widget

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    I DL'ed and expanded, but the pic is too low-rez to see the values. I'll take your word though.

I'd be surprised if they didn't drop Ω a bit after sufficient time. Since you have that very handy interface, it'll be interesting if you keep us posted.

I'm sure your acoustic treatments help a fair amount too. If they were mine, I'd run FM interstation noise through them continuously when I wasn't home, and when sleeping (with the door shut, ofc!).

I don't envy any of you humping these beasts around, or the Everests, etc. even worse. Something about, 'we must suffer for our art...', right? haha

Yeah that veneer. One of the first things I thought...well, they're not Avalons or Legacies... But then if I had the dosh for them in the first place, I might re-veneer them (is that a word?) if I thought they were keepers.

Mctwins
    Maybe this is better. We can have this as a reference. Volume level on my pre at 60%

The numbers varys from 10-11 ohms, goes up and down.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zeppeli View Post
    Those are beauts! What are the little gaffers pushed behind them? Little brothers?
    The little brother will rest for awhile, I will add a Crown XLS drivecore model 1502 or 2002 later on. Will be availible in July.

Ok better. Well my money is on 8-9Ω when they decide to settle down.

I am glad you got them and they are OK. I would have had some kind of attack had mine shown up that way!

I am also glad that they sound good to you. I think as dynamic and live as they are they could make a reflective room scream.

I am listening to mine right now and LOVING THEM!

On the break-in thing, I don't perceive any change in mine. Like you I haven't throttled them up hard yet.

Party on!

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Congrats! And happy listening. As far as break-in, as the resident ocd audiophile here, I believe in it. My S4700s sounded subdued and flat right out of the box. It's taken quite a long time for them to "open up" in the midrange and treble. The bass is less ripe and deeper as well.
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    Yes, I understand. I have, or will have the same position where the PRX600 series was standing. I have allready tuned those Varitunes Helmhotlz resonators and it give the best result. The speakers is the minor problem. I know how this room behaves, acoustically. Take a look here....https://www.gearslutz.com/board/8325451-post114.html.

Maybe little inches there or inches here...not so trivial. I have pushed the speakers little bit towards the back wall, sounds better allready.
    and that is with the PRX

the 4365 will be much smoother

Congrats!
    Do you have the best sounding system in the family now? I know your brother has some things

Mctwins
    Hallo!

Thanks everyone for the congrat's

It sounds better and better as the day's go by with the 4365.

But, I still favor my brother's system. Those Cinema Screen Arrays is nothing to be fooled around with. The dynamics and the SPL level of this system is one of a kind. One can play really loud without the system have the tedency to break up at any sound level. One schould be vary careful when playing loud so the ear dosen't break.

But, I have to say that the Crown I use with the 4365 is a good and great combo.

Mctwins
    Hallo!

I have been listening all evening today and for some reason it sounds better today. Maybe it is because I am a happy man.

Quote Originally Posted by LowPhreak View Post
    Grats on some really nice loudspeakers.

For instance, I can tell you that the Martin Logan CLS IIa sound completely awful when they're new. Other people that heard them at the time said the same thing...'geez, they don't sound very good', and so on. But they soon shaped up.

Electrostatics are notorious for changing significantly as the diaphragm stretches from use. Dynamic speakers much, much less so. I suspect that most of the improvements we perceive as we continue to listen to new speakers is due to our brains learning how to properly decode what they're hearing from the new source (what we commonly call "getting used to the new speakers").

Thread Information