Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new jbl 4365

Mctwins

My new jbl 4365

Hallo!

I think I have experienced for the first time in my life a heart attack!!!!

Look at this......damn freight company . The speaker is OK without any damage and is sounding fine as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Mctwins

Some nicer pictures

Here are some better pictures

Mctwins
    Some close up pic.....

Mctwins
    Settings for the Crown, changed only the LevelMax Limiters.....

Mctwins
    Well, I have to say that these speakers ROCK's , great detail in voices and the bass has a good grip and sounds firm and tight. The mid bass, specially the snaredrum and perccusion sounds tight as well. I love the pluck sound. It really hits you even on low volume level. I have not yet pushed them with high volume levels, soon I will, maybe this evening.

Too me, I still really don't understand what this means "Break In" time , they sound good allready, if I had these for years.

One thing is for sure, they are heavy to be moved around by one person. this is the only complaint I have with these speakers.

Funkydelala

Congrats! Very nice!

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    Hallo!

I think I have experienced for the first time in my life a heart attack!!!!

Look at this......damn freight company . The speaker is OK without any damage and is sounding fine as well.
    Good grief!!!

I'm glad the loudspeakers were ok.

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger604 View Post
    Congrats! Very nice!
    Thanks

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Good grief!!!

I'm glad the loudspeakers were ok.
    Yeah, me too.

Mctwins
    The speakers position is not gonna be as shown in the pictures. Going further back towards the backwall. Didn't had the time to adjust it yesterday. Was very keen to see if they was working due to the damaged box.

Maybe tomorrow or some other day.

The speakers position is not gonna be as shown in the pictures. Going further back towards the backwall. Didn't had the time to adjust it yesterday. Was very keen to see if they was working due to the damaged box.

Maybe tomorrow or some other day.
    You may find you prefer the sound of the bass with the speakers further forward as you have them. I usually do. On the other hand you might prefer the pumped up bass when you push the speakers closer to the wall.

Widget

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Too me, I still really don't understand what this means "Break In" time , they sound good allready, if I had these for years.
    Grats on some really nice loudspeakers.

Break-in I'd say is not only the woofer resonance frequency that will lower a bit to its nominal after use, but also to an extent the mid/tweet and X-O components need burn-in. Would not be surprised if in comparison the lower end now might sound a bit one-notey and mid/highs possibly a tad shrill or closed in to how they should flesh out later. I had 2 pairs of 580's that did and my current 590's did, took about 2 weeks to really sound right. Other brand new speakers I've had as well, some less or more noticeable.

No, I don't think it's just the ear becoming more familiar with the sound over time, or "getting used to" the sound.

For instance, I can tell you that the Martin Logan CLS IIa sound completely awful when they're new. Other people that heard them at the time said the same thing...'geez, they don't sound very good', and so on. But they soon shaped up.

You and audiohack are now officially on the top of my "hate" list of LH'ers.

Have fun!

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    You may find you prefer the sound of the bass with the speakers further forward as you have them. I usually do. On the other hand you might prefer the pumped up bass when you push the speakers closer to the wall.

Widget
    Yes, I understand. I have, or will have the same position where the PRX600 series was standing. I have allready tuned those Varitunes Helmhotlz resonators and it give the best result. The speakers is the minor problem. I know how this room behaves, acoustically. Take a look here....https://www.gearslutz.com/board/8325451-post114.html.

Maybe little inches there or inches here...not so trivial. I have pushed the speakers little bit towards the back wall, sounds better allready.

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by LowPhreak View Post
    Grats on some really nice loudspeakers.

Break-in I'd say is not only the woofer resonance frequency that will lower a bit to its nominal after use, but also to an extent the mid/tweet and X-O components need burn-in. Would not be surprised if in comparison the lower end now might sound a bit one-notey and mid/highs possibly a tad shrill or closed in to how they should flesh out later. I had 2 pairs of 580's that did and my current 590's did, took about 2 weeks to really sound right. Other brand new speakers I've had as well, some less or more noticeable.

No, I don't think it's just the ear becoming more familiar with the sound over time, or "getting used to" the sound.

For instance, I can tell you that the Martin Logan CLS IIa sound completely awful when they're new. Other people that heard them at the time said the same thing...'geez, they don't sound very good', and so on. But they soon shaped up.

You and audiohack are now officially on the top of my "hate" list of LH'ers.

Have fun!
    Thanks!

Maybe you are right here but the problem is for me is that I will forgett how it was sounding from the begining. But of course, it is better that the speakers sounds better and better instead of the other way around.

Or, I think, it is due too my good room acoustics that the speakers sounds nice

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by LowPhreak View Post

Break-in I'd say is not only the woofer resonance frequency that will lower a bit to its nominal after use, but also to an extent the mid/tweet and X-O components need burn-in. Would not be surprised if in comparison the lower end now might sound a bit one-notey and mid/highs possibly a tad shrill or closed in to how they should flesh out later.
    If you look at post 4, one can see that load impedance is around 10 ohms. The right coner of the screen where is say's "Amplifier settings". Notice that the picture is not so good but download it your computer so you can see it a little better.

We have this as a reference and we can see later on if the impedance goes down to it's nominal level, 8ohm

Amplifier settings, Average IMP. On the screen that says "Continuous"
    Last edited by Mctwins; 04-25-2015 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Adding text

Thread Information