Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My new jbl 4365

Mctwins
    and here with Singel wire...looks pretty much the same. Pretty cool
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    It looks the same as far as I can see....not so thick but I will check it to be sure. Looks like 25mm. There is no damping on the front baffle.

Seems that it is seperated boxes, one for the woofer and one for the horn.
    Does it looks/feels more like fiberglass or polyester?

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Now I am not follow you. Off course I have good punch in the mids/low mids. Don't understand what you mean "Perhaps not with the room treatments you have.", please explain?

Or, do you mean from 100Hz to 600Hz or above 600Hz to 20kHz?
    Yes, I mean does the 80-600Hz'ish range seem a bit much or about right to you? Maybe some of that is ameliorated by your room treatment. My personal preference is for a tad less around the 100-500Hz range, depending on other factors of course and also you have to hear for yourself in a given room.

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Does it looks/feels more like fiberglass or polyester?
    Hard to say, I am guessing now, feels more like polyester.

Another picture where one can see the top and no damping material on the front baffle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by LowPhreak View Post
    Yes, I mean does the 80-600Hz'ish range seem a bit much or about right to you? Maybe some of that is ameliorated by your room treatment. My personal preference is for a tad less around the 100-500Hz range, depending on other factors of course and also you have to hear for yourself in a given room.
    Ok, I understand, to me it feels very right to have a slope from 80 to 600Hz as show in the mesurement freq response. Remember, I don't use any PEQ, this is the room response that the room is behaving. If looking at the Burst Decay graph, there is almost a free field condition from 20Hz to around 200Hz. Burst Decay has to be interpeted in a differen't manner than a ordinary Waterfall graph or CSD(Cumulative Spectral Dacay) graph. The control of the modal resonances via Varitunes Helmholtz resonators and that the Wing diffusors add the proper ambiance and control of the early reflection is the result as can be seen in the mesurements. There is absolutely no fatiging sound here. I am hearing the speakers as it is. Good control in the bass and crispy and detail control from the horn, the 476Mg sounds excellent. a JBL speaker that sounds like a JBL speaker schould do, no more no less.

Last edited by Mctwins; 05-08-2015 at 11:09 PM. Reason: adding text

Hi Mctwins

did you make your own varitunes resonators or did you buy them ?

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post
    Hi Mctwins

did you make your own varitunes resonators or did you buy them ?
    Hallo!

I did buy them from SMT AB here in Sweden but there is a USA representant http://www.accurateconstructionchicago.com/ that you contact. You can also contact Matts Odemalm directly if you wish. He is best if you want information regarding room acoustics.

There is no point to build it becasuse these Varitunes is the best when it comes to Helmholtz resonators.

Some pictures from the inside. Nice things one can do with a camera.

I manage to stick my hand in one of the ports. At least, it is 1501FE and also real high-end cables
    Monster Cable I take it.
    S4700 owner.

Hard to say, I am guessing now, feels more like polyester.

Another picture where one can see the top and no damping material on the front baffle.
    It appears I have another recent JBL speakers with some similar looking damping material in it, and it feels like fiberglass/glass wool to me.
    Probably something like that: http://www2.owenscorning.com/around/...coublanket.asp

I guess they found it easier than using the normal yellow one and having to spray it with black paint behind the ports...

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    It appears I have another recent JBL speakers with some similar looking damping material in it, and it feels like fiberglass/glass wool to me.
    Probably something like that: http://www2.owenscorning.com/around/...coublanket.asp

I guess they found it easier than using the normal yellow one and having to spray it with black paint behind the ports...
    Hallo!

Yes, it looks like it is the same material in the link you provided...it dosen't feel ichy like other absorber material. As long it fulfills it's function.

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    Monster Cable I take it.
    Well, don't know what brand of cables they use in 4365 or any other new JBL speakers. To me, it looks like a ordinary oxygen free copper cable.

If it is Monster cable and it makes you happy then it is all good then.

Mctwins
    Now that I had the speakers for some time now and yesterday I played with volume turned up as much the system could take without clipping the amp(or, near clipping point) for several hours(8 hours) with differen't kinds of music. I consider them to be broken in now.

But still, I am suprised that it sounds better with single cable than with bi-wire config...

I read the manual for the K2 S9900 just to read about the transducer 476Mg but find it very interesting that they do not recommend bi-amp config on page 25. I find it also interesting on page 30 about Bi-amp switch and I qoute:

"The bi-amp switch is located under the battery access cover and allows thesystem to be set up for the use of an external low-level crossover. This switch removes the passive components in the low- and high-frequency networks that have to do with the actual crossover blending of the low-frequency and highfrequency transducers. Level attenuation and equalization circuits remain active. In the case of the K2 S9900, the voltage drive required from an externalcrossover network is very unusual and, in most cases, is not likely to be achievable with standard crossover networks. It is for this reason that active bi-amplification of the K2 S9900 is not advised (Fig. 12)."

http://75.102.11.26/wp-content/uploa...2_S9900_OM.pdf

I find this interesting thou...
    "Level attenuation and equalization circuits remain active."

This is one of the reason I don't bi-amp these speakers.....

K2-S9900 Network

Now that I had the speakers for some time now and yesterday I played with volume turned up as much the system could take without clipping the amp(or, near clipping point) for several hours(8 hours) with differen't kinds of music. I consider them to be broken in now.

But still, I am suprised that it sounds better with single cable than with bi-wire config...

I read the manual for the K2 S9900 just to read about the transducer 476Mg but find it very interesting that they do not recommend bi-amp config on page 25. I find it also interesting on page 30 about Bi-amp switch and I qoute:

"The bi-amp switch is located under the battery access cover and allows thesystem to be set up for the use of an external low-level crossover. This switch removes the passive components in the low- and high-frequency networks that have to do with the actual crossover blending of the low-frequency and highfrequency transducers. Level attenuation and equalization circuits remain active. In the case of the K2 S9900, the voltage drive required from an externalcrossover network is very unusual and, in most cases, is not likely to be achievable with standard crossover networks. It is for this reason that active bi-amplification of the K2 S9900 is not advised (Fig. 12)."

http://75.102.11.26/wp-content/uploa...2_S9900_OM.pdf

I find this interesting thou...
    "Level attenuation and equalization circuits remain active."

This is one of the reason I don't bi-amp these speakers.....
    Hi Mctwins,

May be can help:
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post252244

regards
    Ivica

Cool

Well, don't know what brand of cables they use in 4365 or any other new JBL speakers. To me, it looks like a ordinary oxygen free copper cable.

If it is Monster cable and it makes you happy then it is all good then.
    Oh I dunno if it's Monster or not. I was just taking a wild guess. If it is, no big deal, and no worries.
    S4700 owner.

There'd probably be a label if it was

Thread Information