Bethany actually. I sold a beautifully restored pair of L100's on eBay. The buyer is brand new with zero feedback and I'm pretty sure they are attempting a bogus "item not as described claim" to get a post sale discount. He is claiming one speaker "doesn't work." For that to happen, all three driver connections would have had to fail (virtually impossible) or one of the internal input terminal connections would have to fail. I used TOTL gold plated binding posts and the connection is via a soldered-to gold plated washer secured with a locking washer and a nut, and then an extra locking nut. Even if this setup loosened up during shipping (again, not very likely) the connection should still be there, albeit maybe intermittent.

If I could tell the buyer that a local JBL expert could come and check out the speakers, I'm almost sure he would back off of his claim that the speaker is not working, so the odds of actually having to actually visit the guy are slim. Otherwise, is there a competent servicer in town I could refer the buyer to? He's in the 5900 block of NW 30 in Bethany.