Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L65 Reconditioning in Houston TX area?

Quote Originally Posted by R.Charleston View Post
    Had a look at the situation with regard to removing the woofers to see what brand, etc.. I've got a couple of questions about removal (hope images will post). In the first picture, will the "felt" like material which is outlined in red have to be pulled up on its own or will this remain attached to the woofer? In the first possibility, it appears affixed down with some sort of adhesive that I'd rather not get into removing as re-install would more than likely be beyond my mechanical abilities (and shaky hands). In the second pic, will the woofer lift out including the surround structure, part of which is outlined in red, or will it lift out from inside the surround structure (like the point of separation being in the area partially outlined in yellow? Thanks.

Attachment 64918Attachment 64919
    Being my first post to the Forum, I hope I don't screw this up. A few weeks back I replaced the foam suspensions on a pair of 122a's from my Jubals. It was a tedious time consuming process, but cost me less than $30.00 to buy a surround kit from a retailer. Of course they aren't JBL foam suspensions. To my ears, they sound great and frankly surprised me with how good they look. After removing the driver I found the JBL label attached to the rear of the speaker. A piece of advice, when you remove the screws, don't apply downward pressure. You don't want the anchor nut falling free from behind the cabinet. Those felt gaskets are just decorative and are glued to the basket. When re-foamed they are carefully cut away and reused.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Avoid Allen's speaker reconing like the pleague.

Not many good options here I'm afraid.

Thread Information