Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any one know the production numbers of original walnut finish jbl 4341's

Quote Originally Posted by Horn Fanatic View Post
    I consider a "matched pair" to be electrically matched. That means identical, or as close as feasible, Thiele-Small paramaters, not the same veneer and model number. Not consecutive serial numbers. The enclosures I manufacture are matched only by grain, as in book matched. That would be my only claim to matched speakers. I wish folks would qualify their claims to "matched pair", rather than leave buyers and readers to interpret nebulous claims. Again, the term, "matched pair" is being over used and abused.

BTW - I don't appreciate snarky replies.
    Is the guy a seller? I thought he wast just looking for info.

Then it gets confusing:

Quote Originally Posted by Horn Fanatic View Post
    I consider a "matched pair" to be electrically matched
    Fair enough.

The enclosures I manufacture are matched only by grain, as in book matched. That would be my only claim to matched speakers.
    And that's what I mentioned the OP appeared to have, only to be shot down. So by your own definition, your matched speakers aren't matched speakers.

Even if the TS parameters were dead nuts on when his pair left the factory, I wouldn't expect speakers that old to still have identical TS on all the drivers decades later - even if none of the drivers had ever been serviced, and especially if any HAD been serviced.

Having identical cabinets would be more important to me, I'd expect drivers that old to either need work or be slightly out of spec.

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Measurements plox!

Production numbers!

Guys I appreciate all the attention and discussion on matched pair verse not a matched pair. But is it possible for someone to chime in on the production numbers jbl did on the 4341 speakers? Just trying to see how many were made. Thanks again. I love this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ceelo456 View Post
    Guys I appreciate all the attention and discussion on matched pair verse not a matched pair. But is it possible for someone to chime in on the production numbers jbl did on the 4341 speakers? Just trying to see how many were made. Thanks again. I love this thread!

Yeah, that's a pretty obscure number to come up with. I haven't seen much in the way of production numbers mentioned around here.
    David F
    San Jose

I don't think anyone but JBL themselves could answer, and maybe not even them. But there is data in the registry here.
    It shows 10 entries with a lowest serial number of 10009 and the highest serial number is 11564 So the numbers probably started with 10000, and there were probably more than 782 pairs made.

Quote Originally Posted by ceelo456 View Post

Thread Information