Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 4365's in the US? Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hi POS,

I believe that rotating 4365 about 90-deg. the 'vertical horn' behavior can be get. may be even compensating time delay between the drivers if the horns are oriented "inner place". I believe that the H4365 diffraction slot would involve better off-axis dispersion while the horn is 'in vertical position'.

So as any 43xx called "book-shelf speaker" 4365 become too, :-))

regards
    ivica
    Actually, it is my long-term plan to test this, when I can fulfil my dream of placing them behind a false wall with soundtransparent cinema-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Speaking of which, how would you rank the GT Array 1200 you probably heard at TiDome's place compared to the Array 1400 and 4365?
    A large format compression driver on a vertical horn...
    Hi Thomas;

The GT Array system was only played for a short while in a crowd and at quite low levels at the time I had a chance to hear it. All I remember was that it sounded nice. That's not much to go on but that's all I have. Sorry about that.

I have stood some of my 4338's vertical and the magic is there. Don't the "little speaker" guys attribute magic in imaging to narrow baffle enclusures too? Is it the same thing?

Again the imaging quality of the 4365's is not at all bad nor is the image fragile

Hi ivica;

If I had the space to lay them sideways, I would have a pair of DD6700's there. Wish wish!

All the best,
    Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Hi ivica;

If I had the space to lay them sideways, I would have a pair of DD6700's there. Wish wish!

All the best,
    Barry.
    Hi Barry,

Looking at the picture You have shown us, "something can be done":
    -move TV up,
    -move sub-woofers on the side walls (as JBL have suggested as an optimal sub-bass drivers position)
    -'take' DD67000 pair
    -use 4365 pair as "rear speakers", "properly (book-shelf)" oriented, then their bass and UHF response would be less important....

Best Regards, and Enjoy in listening nice 4365, up to......

Ivica

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Do any of you (audiohack, bubbleboy) have a few pix to post? It would be nice to see them as you have them set up. Also, does anyone have them raised a bit on stands or large feet?

Barry shows his in the first post - and that's a 65" TV in between them for reference.

Yes, I saw those but I figured we could use a few more.

Thumbs up

Hi George!

It's funny you should say that! I have actually been thinking about that very thing but I don't have a cool big house that lends itself to entertaining, just a little old ranch flat. I am still thinking about it though.

I know everyone hates to come to Vegas anyway right?

All the best,
    Barry.
    That would be pretty cool...
    S4700 owner.

My setup.
    Closing my eyes, listening to Neil Young liverecord from -72 on high volume, I am there! It is a time- and space machine
    There is an 4429 center hidden.
    Unfortunately, I am not allowed to ruin the seaview by placing the speakers more out from the walls.
    Trust me, this cinema needs no subwoofers
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks good!

Hi George!

It's funny you should say that! I have actually been thinking about that very thing but I don't have a cool big house that lends itself to entertaining, just a little old ranch flat. I am still thinking about it though.

I know everyone hates to come to Vegas anyway right?

All the best,
    Barry.
    This would be very cool!!
    Always fun learning more.......

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hi POS,

I believe that rotating 4365 about 90-deg. the 'vertical horn' behavior can be get. may be even compensating time delay between the drivers if the horns are oriented "inner place". I believe that the H4365 diffraction slot would involve better off-axis dispersion while the horn is 'in vertical position'.

So as any 43xx called "book-shelf speaker" 4365 become too, :-))

regards
    ivica
    I did that briefly just for grins and it doesn't work very well as pos points out in the post after.

G.T. addressed this and said "The horn really needs to be vertical and away from any boundaries." This is regardless of the fact that it has something like a 90 x 50 dispersion pattern.

It's been a while and I want to jump back with an update.

I just hate like hell to be too busy to stop and enjoy the music I love. Today I have spent the entire day (first sick day in several years that I just didn't power through) listening to the 4365's.

At a mean measured level right about 60dB A I have settled in with a +3dB boost at 42hz Q0.7 and the 4365's continue to amaze.

I find it interesting that extraordinary speakers don't grab your attention right away rather they just continue to deliver subtle suprizes in accuracy and naturalness and non stop enjoyment.

They don't have the crazy visceral impact the 4350's have and they give up a very little bit of imaging to the 1400 Arrays which are still in the room but they are nearly in a tie for my favorite speaker with the hotrodded 4350's which I still absolutely love for their ability to do things like sound like a real drum set in the room. For the first time since owning the 4350's I don't know which I would choose if I could keep just one pair.

I don't want to post a list as it feels crass to do so but there is a fair list of "real studio monitors" here that will go away long before these do.

I am so damn glad I bought these!!! In my opinion it would be very well worth selling several pair of vintage monitors to afford a pair of these if thats what one had to do to.

Again I am greatful to Widget for his invaluable assistance in procuring these!

All the best,
    Barry.

PS to Shane and George, we really should work out a get together, maybe this fall when the weather breaks even if we have to limit it to a dozen people to fit in my little house. I would love to see you guys again!

It's been a while and I want to jump back with an update.

I just hate like hell to be too busy to stop and enjoy the music I love. Today I have spent the entire day (first sick day in several years that I just didn't power through) listening to the 4365's.

At a mean measured level right about 60dB A I have settled in with a +3dB boost at 42hz Q0.7 and the 4365's continue to amaze.

I find it interesting that extraordinary speakers don't grab your attention right away rather they just continue to deliver subtle suprizes in accuracy and naturalness and non stop enjoyment.

They don't have the crazy visceral impact the 4350's have and they give up a very little bit of imaging to the 1400 Arrays which are still in the room but they are nearly in a tie for my favorite speaker with the hotrodded 4350's which I still absolutely love for their ability to do things like sound like a real drum set in the room. For the first time since owning the 4350's I don't know which I would choose if I could keep just one pair.

I don't want to post a list as it feels crass to do so but there is a fair list of "real studio monitors" here that will go away long before these do.

I am so damn glad I bought these!!! In my opinion it would be very well worth selling several pair of vintage monitors to afford a pair of these if thats what one had to do to.

Again I am greatful to Widget for his invaluable assistance in procuring these!

All the best,
    Barry.

PS to Shane and George, we really should work out a get together, maybe this fall when the weather breaks even if we have to limit it to a dozen people to fit in my little house. I would love to see you guys again!

I would love to have a GTG at your place even if it was limited. I will get George there no matter what!!

Thanks for your impressions Barry, and I feel the same since listening to the new woofers with my array horns. They just keep impressing with everything I listen too!!

Just more detail than I can express with my limited vocabulary!!
    Always fun learning more.......

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL View Post
    I would love to have a GTG at your place even if it was limited. I will get George there no matter what!!

Thanks for your impressions Barry, and I feel the same since listening to the new woofers with my array horns. They just keep impressing with everything I listen too!!

Just more detail than I can express with my limited vocabulary!!

Those 1500Al's are incredible. Those with the 1200Fe's transformed my 4350's. The difference is something you just have to hear I agree. Who knew a bass guitar could sound so dynamic and real? Most speakers mask the life right out of them.

Enjoy my friend!

Nice to hear Barry

Thread Information