Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 4365's in the US? Yup.

Folks, have anyone changed the horns of 4365 to the horns of M2 (just change the horns, not dirvers), do they sound better?

Just a guess, but I don't think the M2 horn will fit in the 4365 cabinet.

Jeff's right, there is not enough vertical real estate for the M2 waveguide.

I somehow doubt it would be magic anyway plus the 4365's are more expensive than the M2's.

We had the Las Vegas audio club over here yesterday, 13 guys and a couple of gals. There are super tweakers to super spenders in this group. I explained that I like stuff that sounds big and started with a couple of voice only tracks, a live take of James Taylor's Walk Down That Lonesome Road, followed by the Beatles Love mix of Because. Nearly immediately of the gals grabbed the guy who takes most of the pictures and directed his attention to the looks of sheer amazement on the faces of the group. It is really fun when you can just shock people with how good these sound.

Oh yeah, welcome to Lansing!

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Last night I had the house to myself and spent several hours with the 4365's and my glowing opinion has not changed one bit.

This morning I re-read this thread which brought back many fond memories until I got to the perceived character assassination of the S4700's and all the bs that came with that.

I do on occasion think about making the 4365's multi amp with DSP mostly so I can employ dbx's Auto Warmth but I currently think I will save that for another project.

It is going to be very difficult for any speaker to unseat these from their prime spot, but, there is something in the pipeline.

I hope everyone is enjoying theirs as much as I enjoy mine.

All the best this holiday season!
    Barry.

Santa Claus didn't want to risk the holiday shipping crush, you'll have to wait til New Years to stuff yer stockin

Oh and dibs on the 4365s!

Hi Jeff;

I still have plenty to do. And you are first on the list if they ever have to leave.

4338's?

Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    4338's?
    It's colder in Santa's shop than it is at the North Pole.

Thread Information