Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 4365's in the US? Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    They compromised on this design in a different way than he would have chosen. That's all.
    Oh ok, so is it a case of he knows better than JBL, or what?

Anyway, it's a great speaker, and I'm sticking to it.
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    No, it's a case of JBL designing a speaker and selling it as designed. What anybody else does with drivers that JBL doesn't even want the public to own never even entered into their design considerations.

Same tired old argument with the D66000 when some people decided JBL didn't design them correctly since people were augmenting the bass with subwoofers.

4313B never said he "knew better" than JBL. He just utilized the drivers differently than JBL did. His drivers, his design, his preference.

JBL uses pretty specific voicing on some of their speakers, the 9900 and 66000 both come to mind. Could they have changed their designs to squeeze a few more Hz of bass from them? Sure. But they didn't, and I bet they didn't for a reason. That somebody else used the drivers and voiced a different design is neither here nor there, it's just different.

bottom line: use EQ

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Could they have changed their designs to squeeze a few more Hz of bass from them? Sure. But they didn't, and I bet they didn't for a reason.
    I have read somewhere here (library ?) that the 66000 was designed for Japan and that voicing
    uses a more rolled off bottom end.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

If JBL market research thinks that a 3 cubic foot version will sell a few more units than a 5 cubic foot version, they'll sell the smaller version. If they think that a Beats audio version with big thumpy bass will sell better, maybe we'll have that soon. If they think that a larger version of a 15 inch three way will cannibalise sales from their twin woofer version, and reduce their profits, maybe we'll never see the larger single woofer version.
    Nobody is claiming that they know better than JBL, just that different choices give different results, in line with different tastes or uses.

This is a case of you putting your own words in other people's mouths. I don't understand why you insist on doing this.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DingDing View Post
    Very, very nice speakers, congratulations!
    +1

Obsolete
    It is a case of me taking the time to listen carefully to what the designer of the system tells me. It is a case of me understanding why they use the various components and filters they use in the various systems they design and build.

Indeed. The designer of the system uses a pair as his rear channels in his HT.

This is a case of you putting your own words in other people's mouths. I don't understand why you insist on doing this.
    Yeah, I know I just don't have the patience to explain myself anymore. I think a lot of people don't post at all because it is too much of a hassle.

I'd be -very- happy with an S9900 pair for 95% of my 2ch listening time...
    for me, that's a damn fine score for -any- speaker. I'd guess the 4365's
    are in a similar category when set up properly (including room).

So you can imagine I'd be keen to hear a M2 setup

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    I'd be -very- happy with an S9900 pair for 95% of my 2ch listening time...
    for me, that's a damn fine score for -any- speaker. I'd guess the 4365's
    are in a similar category when set up properly (including room).
    I know for a fact that my wife would prefer a pair of K2-S9900's sitting in our living room instead of some unfinished MDF monstrosities...

Well, I'm merely asking if that's what he or she is saying before I respond. If that's a criminal act, so be it.
    S4700 owner.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    It is a case of me taking the time to listen carefully to what the designer of the system tells me. It is a case of me understanding why they use the various components and filters they use in the various systems they design and build.

Indeed. The designer of the system uses a pair as his rear channels in his HT.

Yeah, I know I just don't have the patience to explain myself anymore. I think a lot of people don't post at all because it is too much of a hassle.
    Let me ask you; have you heard or owned the K2s, and heard them thoroughly to make such judgments? If not, then you don't have much of a leg to stand on.

If you're going by graphs, pink noise, and test tones, that doesn't fly with me.
    S4700 owner.

"Indeed. The designer of the system uses a pair as his rear channels in his HT."

Perhaps you're not seeing this statement as fairly high praise... LOL.

No point poking at 4313B... There's been much offered and much learned over the years.

Obsolete
    Let me ask you; have you heard or owned the K2s, and heard them thoroughly to make such judgments? If not, then you don't have much of a leg to stand on.

If you're going by graphs, pink noise, and test tones, that doesn't fly with me.
    You crack me up... No really, you do.

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    There will be no humorous outbursts tolerated around here. This is a serious bunch of mofos. TYVM.

Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    You crack me up... No really, you do.
    Likewise!
    S4700 owner.

Thread Information