Thread: New JBL waveguides, #5006812 90x50 vs PT-F95HF

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New JBL waveguides, #5006812 90x50 vs PT-F95HF

Hello,

It seems like JBL keep producing new waveguides. There is some really good information here on the PT-F95HF and even some good measurements. Thank you.

Now, that guide is from about 2002 and maybe there are newer and better horns. Among others there is a guide in the newer STX825 (#5006812). Does anybody here have info on that waveguide or the other new 1,5" guides JBL is producing.

Are these giudes available as parts?

thank you

//RoB
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

No one looking at these new waveguides?

There is also a new series speaker from JBL , VTX F12 ad F15.

They seem to use the D2 driver and the STX825 waveguide.

http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachm...ureNov2013.pdf

Any views?

//RoB

I think these are the exact same waveguides, but in a cheaper plastic version.

Hi Pos,

I thought that they were all made in plastic nowadays. The consumer horns seem to be made in Sonoglass but the pro stuff has to settle for plastic.

Few of the new horn/waveguides appears to be cast aluminum. Some of the 2002 waveguides are aluminium (as described in Bulletin #31) but I don’t know about the newer ones. It is impossible to judge from the pictures, at least I cannot. Even the M2 waveguide looks like plastic.

The STX825 waveguide is different compared to the PT-F95HF even if they share the same outer dimensions, coverage and basic design. If the new VTX F12/F15 is a third iteration is an open question as JBL has not posted “Exploded Views” for them yet. Maybe someone here has the part no for the VTX horn?

It would be very interesting to know the difference, except for the obvious coverage differences, between the VTX F12/F15 waveguides and the M2 waveguide. Maybe they even sound reasonable alike with the M2 guide being more refined due to design and size. The driver is the same as M2.

//RoB

Hi all,

I have bought a few different waveguides including the VTX F12 guide and something else that may be of interest to forum members. I will post some measurements as soon as I get some driver adapters made.

I have access to 2450SL, 2451Ti and 2451Be so it may give some guidance what these new guides can do with different diaphragms.

Best regards
    //RoB

hmmm, those look interesting..why am I DIYing speakers like this with old parts?? What would a pair of VTX F18S and F12 set me back?

Pt-h95hf & 2450sl

Quote Originally Posted by sebackman View Post
    I have bought a few different waveguides including the VTX F12 guide and something else that may be of interest to forum members. I will post some measurements as soon as I get some driver adapters made.
    I have access to 2450SL, 2451Ti and 2451Be so it may give some guidance what these new guides can do with different diaphragms.
    ...RoB
    Hi sebackman,

May be interesting experience with PT-H95HF and 2450SL applied

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post371066

regards
    Ivica

If the new VTX F12/F15 is a third iteration is an open question as JBL has not posted “Exploded Views” for them yet.
    Has anyone come across the exploded views? Would appreciate a copy posted or a link.

EDIT: Ah, haven't searched for awhile but think these will suffice:

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/VTX%20Series/VTX_F12_REV_A_0915.pdf

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/VTX%20Series/VTX_F15_REV_A_0915.pdf

Dave

Hi Sebackman,
    Thank you for the posts.
    A question, #5006815 can be used for 2450SL without a custom adapter (something like you have made for M2 waveguide) ?

Hi,

2450SL and 243* will bolt right up. 2451 and 2447 will need an adapter. I have both setups and there is no sonic or measurable difference with or without adapter.

I have had a version of the adaptor made and can post the drawing if desired.

kind regards
    // RoB

Hi Rob, thank you for the quick reply.

I only have 2450SL, so drawing is not needed, thanks.
    Your graph with 2450SL is pretty impressive, indeed.
    My system is MTM configuration (DMS-1), so this horn must be the perfect upgrade from 2332.

Hi,

2450SL and 243* will bolt right up. 2451 and 2447 will need an adapter. I have both setups and there is no sonic or measurable difference with or without adapter.

kind regards
    // RoB

Has anyone tried the 2453H-SL CD with the VTX waveguide? I am in preliminary stage of a new build and this combo is on my short list.

Planning on running with a 2206, XO close to 1 kHz. I think the STX825 has an XO of 1.3 kHz and the VTX is active but seems to be less than 1.5 kHz based on the spec sheet.

Hi,

kind regards
    // RoB
    Hi RoB,

Thank you for having shared your results with the VTX horn. I would like to use them with my 2447 so can you post the drawing for the adaptor you have made ?

Many thanks and have a nice day,

Guyome.

Adapter drawing

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Attached is the rather crude drawing I used.

Kind regards

//RoB

Name:  2451 till STX825 adapter Rev3.jpg
Views: 2493
Size:  57.7 KB

Thank you RoB

Thread Information