Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: speaker unbalance?

Quote Originally Posted by martin2395 View Post
    I posted 2 pics in this thread
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...lection/page10

I will be trying 27V CC voltage in the next few days/weeks, I will try to post a few pics of my external networks then.
    Hi Martin,

may this link

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post370661

I would siggest You to measure 2450 as sometime mountig the diphragm is not so easy as seems to be.

regards
    ivica

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I think page size is set in your user preferences. I could be wrong but I think this is the post: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post370661 which is actually Page 19 for me.
    Thanks for your correct link. Got it!
    By the way, with all the original 4343 parts replaced like this, I wonder whether one could get the authenticity of the sound JBL engineers intended for 4343...

Quote Originally Posted by pyonc View Post
    Thanks for your correct link. Got it!
    By the way, with all the original 4343 parts replaced like this, I wonder whether one could get the authenticity of the sound JBL engineers intended for 4343...
    I think that 2450 with Radian 1245-16 is more efficient then 2420J driver, but a coupe of dB-s can be corrected with the L-Pads or resistors...

Concerning 2123 vs 2122 ( 2121) some more work has to be done, but I think that can be solved, for sure initial measurements if the drivers sensitivities and responses has to be done.

Using 3155 network seems to be easier, only bass section has to be 'enhanced' about 6dB (may be)

regards
    ivica

I could do an SPL test on the 2450J but I don't know if UMIK-1 mic is sufficient for the job. For now I only ran a sweep on a tone generator and they were OK.

This afternoon I connected the Behringer DEQ2496 directly after the preamp and I directly noticed a big difference in input level (the DEQ has nice input/output level meters), the difference was sometimes even 50%.
    For now there are 2 options left - either my Audioquest Columbia's are damaged or my Krell preamp needs attention (already tried swapping DAC's and other interconnects, I even bought a different Squeezebox Touch...)

When my level was matched I could easily match both the low and high section, if I really have to I can always bump up the gain on the DEQ2496.

Thread Information