Forgive me if there is already a podcast thread, but I wanted to give a heads-up about one. I think some of my fellow baby boomers are aware of the idea of "honest music". You know, non "classical music" that comes from a totally honest place, like roots music from all over, like roots blues and folk from America. I don't know how many of you are curious/adventurous/bold/open minded enough to be receptive to this, but here is how to get it.

This is a major dose of the first water. You can sign up for free with http://www.prx.org There you can stream, amongst countless other things, all the episodes of Joe Strummer's London Calling. He DJ'd it from Bush House, the old HQ of BBC Radio. Joe's knowledge of Roots and World music was encyclopedic and he was enthusiastic about it to the n'th degree. Think turning a Pat Boone fan onto Big Mama Thornton, on steroids.

By the way, Joe was really, really good at this. He was born for radio. A shame he died right after this. Hope this is an anecdote for the Grammy Awards.

I'm not sure if you have to upgrade to a paid account after so many hours or not. I will find out at some point!