Thread: Jbl 4430 and trinnov st2

Post Jbl 4430 and trinnov st2

Hi,
    I was wondering if someone here have tried the TRINNOV or any similar room correction device. Well room correction, active crossover, Converter, preamp....
    Once everything was in place I obtained the new reponse curve in 3 seconde.... I didn t even bother fine tuning and the listening seems amazing.
    More specifically do you notice a decrease in "musicality" with such device?

The curve before correction is frightening.... the left channel in green is in a corner as you can see from the bass response.... But i just came to realise the slow decrease in meduim and highs from only 5 kHz!!!
    Name:  20150205_173559.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  109.9 KB

Thanks for hel cause its an expensive unit.

Reagrds

I've had some experience with the Amethyst - supreme piece of kit.

I fully agree, I heard Trinnov - works perfect and sounds great. Excellend build quality too.

There is only one issue with Trinnov gear and it's the price...9000 euro's for the Amethyst.
    Don't get me wrong, I think that the Trinnov is a great device but it's a 'bit expensive' for a vintage JBL system like the 4430.

I think that you can get similar results for a lot less money - MiniDSP UMIK-1 or a calibrated Berry ECM8000 with RoomEQ wizard combined with a parametric EQ like the DEQ2496 should do the trick if you're on the budget.
    It takes a lot of time and tweaking but you can get both for less than €400, brand new.

The Finnish DSPeaker Antimode 2.0 Dual Core is also great: http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/20-dual-core.shtml
    Both the DEQ and Anti Mode have are equipped with Toslink digital in- and outputs so you don't have to alter the sound quality with yet another AD-DA conversion.

Thanks guys,

indeed I have benn testing the trinnov for a week now and I can tell it works fine. My amp and preamp are both tube gear so i was kind of scared when it comes to musicality and the trinnov is very good at that. only on the voices do i perceive a slight loss, but on the music it makes eveny thing great from small jazz formation
    to modern r n b, or hip hop...

I mean look at the after curve, it makes one the 4430 go down to 25 Hz, and the mids are just flat... once again the curve has been obtained in 4 seconds and there was no manual fine tunig aftewards.....didn't even bother

Yes the price is stopping me. yes it will take hours to make the same and I have very poor knowledge in producing curves with the mic.... let alone use a DSP to implement it or place strange object on the walls for accoustic purposes.
    So trinnov is for the rich lazy stupid guys... just like me without the rich part....

I bought the miniDsp UMIK this morning....
    The grat thing is that i will learn a lot.... yeah....

David

Thread Information