Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amp for JBL L300 system

Quote Originally Posted by antoninus9 View Post
    If it makes you happy to believe that Crown are 40 times more capable than Bryston, or any other amplifier, then I'm happy to agree. I'm pulling my old Macro Reference out of the closet tonight! (Wow! I forgot how much it weighs. Better get the wife to help me.)
    Again, you seem to have missed the humor. I blame myself . . . and the medium.

We all know damping factor is important. We also have learned that the way the factor is stated varies widely by manufacturer. I could pull out my Studio Reference-II rated at >20,000 but the wimpy PS400 with its meager >400 damping factor sounds just fine to me on the 4345s. It seems to be quite capable of keeping the 18-inch woofer from sounding flabby.

Best wishes.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Again, you seem to have missed the humor. I blame myself . . . and the medium. We all know damping factor is important. We also have learned that the way the factor is stated varies widely by manufacturer. I could pull out my Studio Reference-II rated at >20,000 but the wimpy PS400 with its meager >400 damping factor sounds just fine to me on the 4345s. It seems to be quite capable of keeping the 18-inch woofer from sounding flabby. Best wishes.
    Hi,
    If talking about the amp output impedance, not to be forgotten the internal (DC) driver's impedance ( Re) is "the player in the game" ,
    as it has to be added to the amp output impedance (Rg).

regards
    ivica
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information