Thread: Jbl l-112

Cool Jbl l-112

I recently found my JBL L-112 (didn't realize my son had them stored all these years later) and I got them rebuilt (refoam/rebuilt tweeter) and so they look and sound great but the grill frame on one of the units is broken (piece missing). Does anyone know where I can find a replacement grill frame for the L112? Thanks in advance!
    -Jesse
    Jesse from ABQ NM-Emotiva XDR-2 GEN2;Emotiva USP-1;Yamaha MX-800;JBL L112;Velodyne Sub using iMac;App Fidelia; Pro-Ject

Once a year or so they turn up on eBay. What's missing, exactly? the wood frame is pretty easy to fabricate and repair, and I find it hard to believe the steel frame is damaged.

Jbl l-112

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    Once a year or so they turn up on eBay. What's missing, exactly? the wood frame is pretty easy to fabricate and repair, and I find it hard to believe the steel frame is damaged.
    In my case the L-112 grill frame is made of some kind of composite plastic (definately not metal). One piece is broken out and I actually used a chopstick (wet it and bent it) to make the round of the raised corner. Superglued it to the existing frame. Not the most elegant but it worked but still would like to replace the grill so its all totally original.
    -Jesse
    Jesse from ABQ NM-Emotiva XDR-2 GEN2;Emotiva USP-1;Yamaha MX-800;JBL L112;Velodyne Sub using iMac;App Fidelia; Pro-Ject

Quote Originally Posted by amadorj View Post
    In my case the L-112 grill frame is made of some kind of composite plastic (definately not metal). One piece is broken out and I actually used a chopstick (wet it and bent it) to make the round of the raised corner. Superglued it to the existing frame. Not the most elegant but it worked but still would like to replace the grill so its all totally original.
    -Jesse
    Hmm, must be a late revision of the grill. Earlier grills were particle board frames with 1/8" square steel stock for the raised part. Be patient and something will turn up on eBay.

I can re-store your JBL frames

Yes, your correct. It's a later version of the L-112 grille.

If you would mail me both frames, I'll replace the damaged frame with an original JBL PVC frame, strip off old fabric, clean and re-spray frames with flat black paint, re-install JBL badges and finally install new fabric to both frames, in your choice of seven colors.

Attached are pics of L-150 frames I restored for a client finished in Royal Blue.

Please send me a email if you would like to work out the details.
    Thank you,
    Steve Barnes
    [email protected]
    HuntleyAudio.com
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by amadorj View Post
    -Jesse
    Hi amadorj,

May You can ask some shop that restore car plastic-bumpers , they can use hard plastic rod and melt it with hot-air fan.
    I believe that after that you will not need to buy "new one", but for the beginning you have to remove fabric from the frame.

regards
    ivica

Thread Information