Hey everyone,
For staters I'd like to say hello to everyone here as I'm new to the site. I've always like JBL's products especially using their GTi car audio series drivers back in my car audio days ofthe late 80's - early 90's. I'm thrilled to find the site!

Last may I bought this pair of cabinets off of Craiglsist for $80.

Name:  5 4 14 068.jpg
Views: 2963
Size:  151.6 KBName:  5 4 14 069.jpg
Views: 2873
Size:  132.0 KB

The guy I bought them from said they were EV. He bought them used and could only go by what the guy he bought them from told him. Once I got them home I came to the conclusion they were home made, but very well constructed. I also did some web searches but found nothing like this made from EV, much less by anyone elese. The guy told me they were loaded with EVM 18's, "had a lot of bass and were very loud". Not knowing if the cabinets were specifically built for the EVM's and not being a big of them anyway, I figure I'll be better off just loading them with JBL's. It seems the 2241 packs the biggest bang for buck on the used market and aren't a lot more than what I'm finding EVM's for. By the way, these cabinets have vents on either side of the internal enclosures for the 12" mids. I figure I'll block them off and install ports for the JBL's. I've now searched the interwebs lookig for a good cabinet plan but all I've come up with is JBL's site suggesting a 10cu.ft. cabinet tuned to 40hz. But I have read that they can be tuned to 30hz, which is what I wold prefer, if not lower, but I do know these drivers have their low-end limitations. I haven't calculated the exact volume of these yet but intend to soon. Just doing quick math, I have to guess these to be near 11 cu. ft. wiithout dedudtiong the 12" mid cabinet, which is triangler, or wedged, shaped. My rough guess is they take up at about a cubic foot of the whole cabinet. Being a carpenter/cabinet maker by trade, I can most certainly adjust the internal volume (smaller) if need be. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. A few details of my system is that they won't be used for live sound, just my workshop and a few ocasional outdoor parties. My plan is to tri-amp the system and have a 3-way 24bB slove electronic crossover.

I plan start threads about my mid and HF drivers seperatly from the LF's.