Hi, just a heads up that I'm sadly putting my pair up for sale.

I relocated to Berlin from Seattle and don't foresee myself having the time and money to ship them over anytime soon + my friend's storage in the basement is no longer available due to a move.

I'd like to get 1500 (price reflects the need for a refoam on the surrounds) but I'm a bit flexible as they need to go somewhere fast.

Willing to arrange freight from Seattle for serous buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by gestures View Post
Just came across this thread... long time 813C owner here. I find the coaxial design to be superior to just about everything at accurately replicating voices (they've scared the hell out of me multiple times during playback while in a different room).

I drive them with a Lab Gruppen PLM series amplifier (totally overkill; it does double duty in my PA). It has built in DSP (Dolby Lake) so one of these days I'll get around to bypassing the analog crossover to find out how much they can really shine. If anyone has done so already then please do send me a PM ! Would love to compare notes.

My (second) pair came from USC campus by way of Mr. Richard McIlvery, freshly reconed, when they upgraded to a pair of ATC monitors. I recall him mentioning that subjectively there wasn't $40k worth of difference ; )

Would really love compare with a pair of Tannoy System 215 DMT II's.

They really should be accompanied by a subwoofer when not soffit mounting, but they're quite impressive even without IMHO.

A view of my old livingroom taken right after they moved in:

Attachment 69327