Thread: JBL emblem repair help

JBL emblem repair help

I have a pair of studio monitor emblems that do not have the pins that go through the grill into the mounting holes . Has anyone repaired these? Ideas appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by vmax700 View Post
    I have a pair of studio monitor emblems that do not have the pins that go through the grill into the mounting holes . Has anyone repaired these? Ideas appreciated.
    I used a dollop of silicon bathtub caulk/adhesive (Dow RTV type stuff) to glue badges onto the grills of my L100s.
    I also used it to glue the cloisonne badge onto the grille of my Alfa Romeo Giulia back in the day ...
    Give it 24-32 hours to set up and dry with the grills horizontal before you put the grills upright again.
    its pretty robust stuff yet it can be rubbed off with a bit of work.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    I used a dollop of silicon bathtub caulk/adhesive (Dow RTV type stuff) to glue badges onto the grills of my L100s.
    I also used it to glue the cloisonne badge onto the grille of my Alfa Romeo Giulia back in the day ...
    Give it 24-32 hours to set up and dry with the grills horizontal before you put the grills upright again.
    its pretty robust stuff yet it can be rubbed off with a bit of work.
    Bathroom caulk / RTV will eventually disassociate itself from most surfaces save for some fabrics. Try E6000, it comes in clear and white.

http://261gil2zawfm28r2gs1if2ba5q9.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/e6000.jpg

BTW - In case anyone doesn't know what RTV stands for, here it is. Room Temperature Vulcanization.

Thread Information