Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2216Nd Projects

Obsolete

2216Nd Projects

I received some information on the M2 enclosure design yesterday and thought I would post it here.

2216Nd in M2 enclosure:
    Vb = 130 liters
    Fb = 27 Hz

One of the guys made the attachment up for me yesterday and it shows two PEQ points in the FILTERS section to the lower right. Please don't confuse this simulation with the actual DSP applied to the M2 system using the Crowns.

I have also attached the S4700 EDS for reference.

2216Nd in S4700 enclosure:
    Vb = 135 liters
    Fb = 32 Hz

Finally, I have attached the 2216Nd EDS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very interesting, thank you!

I thought the M2 was tuned around 21Hz.
    The enclosure design shows a +8dB eq at the 27Hz tuning frequency, whereas the M2 crossover has a +4.7dB eq at 21.5Hz (and an addition shelving).

Interesting read also about the S4700. Definitely a nice and well behaved system!
    The passive crossover voltage curves are a good complement to the active curves from GT you posted last year: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post354856

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    I thought the M2 was tuned around 21Hz.
    The enclosure design shows a +8dB eq at the 27Hz tuning frequency, whereas the M2 crossover has a +4.7dB eq at 21.5Hz (and an addition shelving).
    Yes, the actual system seems to come out a lot better than the simulation.

Obsolete
    RobH3606 received the very first pair of 2216Nd's (M2, S4700) courtesy of Jerry Moro.

pos and I should have a lot of fun with these. These drivers are ridiculously good. I kind of feel bad about making fun of their 3-inch voice coils early on. Obviously Jerry knew exactly what he was doing.

I haven't decided yet if I am going to keep two pair, it is awfully tempting to build a pair of 4435-style enclosures for home theater use. The best waveguide that I have at present is the PT-H1010, pretty much a bolt-in for the older 2344.

Hopefully pos will post about his impending project.

Fun, fun, fun, (fun)

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    RobH3606 received the very first pair of 2216Nd's (M2, S4700) courtesy of Jerry Moro.

pos and I should have a lot of fun with these. These drivers are ridiculously good. I kind of feel bad about making fun of their 3-inch voice coils early on. Obviously Jerry knew exactly what he was doing.

I haven't decided yet if I am going to keep two pair, it is awfully tempting to build a pair of 4435-style enclosures for home theater use. The best waveguide that I have at present is the PT-H1010, pretty much a bolt-in for the older 2344.

This will be fun!

Are they better than 1501AL? Or in between 1501AL and 1501fe in performance?

What is the price of those things? Priceless?!

I am interested if you will sell some.

Hi 4313B,

interesting project. I can imagind that 2216 can be very good low mid bass driver. what would be crossover freuency when using PT-H1010, if You want to use with 2216. I can say around 1kHz. But for low bass section, and UHF, any suggestion?

regards
    ivica

Obsolete
    Have you start some of your projects?
    I have not been nearly as productive as I had wanted with respect to loudspeaker projects this summer. I haven't finished drawing up plans for some M2 enclosure clones. I have managed to veneer and finish my 4338/4365/Everest II hybrids. Hopefully I will be able to load the components this weekend.

I mention Everest II only because all the components are DD67000 components, including the passive filters (formerly 4365 filters).

Not a very impressive iPhone photo.

Cool

Wow, those are really nice looking, better looking than the original 4365 IMO.
    Is it a blue baffle? (can't really tell on the photo, at least on my old laptop screen)

They look great!
    nice veneer and blue front baffle, do you also have the original 4338 grill for them?

I have collect most of the parts for my 4365 project except H4365 horns but I hope to get them soon

I have not been nearly as productive as I had wanted with respect to loudspeaker projects this summer.
    Well, you've been 10,000% more productive than I have been.

They're looking pretty good from here!

Widget

Hey that's some nice work. You've been much more productive then me too.

Iphone seem to do a pretty decent job a photography. Being a photography junkie I don't like to admit that, but they do.

Nick

Looking good

Obsolete
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by hlaari View Post
    nice veneer and blue front baffle, do you also have the original 4338 grill for them?
    I bought the walnut veneer from Oakwood Veneer which has become my new go-to place after Mr. Widget recommended them years ago.
    I do have the original 4338 grilles. They are to the side in the photo above.
    The baffles are indeed blue as per the formula Bo provided for us years ago.

They are too heavy and I am not looking forward to all the weight they will gain with the addition of the components.

Quote Originally Posted by hlaari View Post
    I have collect most of the parts for my 4365 project except H4365 horns but I hope to get them soon
    I think that you will like them.
    A lot!

I have not been nearly as productive as I had wanted with respect to loudspeaker projects this summer. I haven't finished drawing up plans for some M2 enclosure clones. I have managed to veneer and finish my 4338/4365/Everest II hybrids. Hopefully I will be able to load the components this weekend.

I mention Everest II only because all the components are DD67000 components, including the passive filters (formerly 4365 filters).

Not a very impressive iPhone photo.
    Are you sure the left one should have that small woofer?

Thread Information