Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL turkeys

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Funny that you mention Guerciotti, it's not one you hear of a lot in the States. I looked at some of their models some years ago. Came close but then...life happened.

Yeah don't get a Brooks wet unless they've been heavily treated with Proofide. Even then, if they stretch too much they're done for. And the VA - don't get me started! I only get meds and routine physicals from them, since I wouldn't send a dog to the Nashville branch for much else. I get cardiology care from Vanderbilt.

Campy though...seems like they've gone off the charts the past several years with their pricing, and some grouppos aren't even made in Vicenza anymore. I thought those Chorus carbon shifters were quite enough at around $329./set when I got them 10 years ago. Arrgh!

I want to see the Guerciotti when it's done!

Droolworthy

Name:  5637840298_8463cc9cbd_b.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  465.6 KB

and more so

Name:  Colnago-C60-60th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition.jpg
Views: 1641
Size:  69.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LowPhreak View Post
    Funny that you mention Guerciotti, it's not one you hear of a lot in the States. I looked at some of their models some years ago. Came close but then...life happened.

Yeah don't get a Brooks wet unless they've been heavily treated with Proofide. Even then, if they stretch too much they're done for. And the VA - don't get me started! I only get meds and routine physicals from them, since I wouldn't send a dog to the Nashville branch for much else. I get cardiology care from Vanderbilt.

Campy though...seems like they've gone off the charts the past several years with their pricing, and some grouppos aren't even made in Vicenza anymore. I thought those Chorus carbon shifters were quite enough at around $329./set when I got them 10 years ago. Arrgh!

I want to see the Guerciotti when it's done!
    I fixed computers in the VA for 5 years and then jumped to Intel ...doubled my salary overnight. The medical side of the Portland VA is very good ...the comp side belongs in H3LL. My individual disabilities add up to 140% , but by their math equals 90%, the jump to 100 is another $1K/mo , tax free. They've stalled my claim for over 2 years , but when it's approved , the back pay check will be nice.

Here's the Guerch , as purchased. Somebody updated it with Campy Chorus 9 speed brifters ...but 7 speed goofy rear wheel. All I've done is rob the saddle and locate a 9 speed cassette. It's just a shade tall for me at 60cm. My 2 tourers are 59's and if buying new, I think about a 57-58cm.
    I'm nearly 6'1" , but short 31 inseam ...hovering between 185-195.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Very nice looking rigs! The old school look can be cool. No JBL turkeys there!

Yeah that's me too Seawolf - kind of monkey arms/longer torso than inseam. Most frames, once they have the chain stay length and rake angle right end up a tad too short for me in reach. You should have seen the collection of different stems I've had.

better ..but, 2nd ?

. (forum reversed pic order)

Perhaps the marketing drones are starting to get a clue. Is there hope after all?

Naaah....

ummm .....

^
    that's a real ad for JBL??

Quote Originally Posted by tomee View Post
    ^ that's a real ad for JBL??
    oh yes .... join the JBL group on FB , those ads come streaming in.
    https://www.facebook.com/JBL/photos_stream

Have you figured out it's meaning ??? (if so, what is it ?) camera speaker ? better than the shoe JBL.

NEVER have seen L-88's played like that

Looks like they're down to anything they can 'shoop the logo onto. Nothing to do with speakers or audio, music.

Somewhere, there are unemployed leprechauns and pizza makers.

My guess is they're simply trying to get people talking about the ads, in the hope of getting brand recognition with the common herd, to the end of selling more of the mediocre (but high profit) stuff.
    Oppo BDP-95 DCX-2496 RMX-850 Parasound A21 First Watt J2 Dayton RSS390HF-4 MTM Quads of SEAS W18E001 511Bs TAD TD-2002

I can't quite tell from your pic, but it doesn't look like a Brooks on that rig. You mean you have a tourer and no Brooks saddle!? I'm tellin' ya man, get one! Your backside will thank you, and with minimal care they last forever.
    here is an older shot with the Brooks mounted. Looks like the stand was on there too. I travel pretty heavy.

the red/white/blue bag hanging on the other side is a diaper bag that I carry. It's perfect for hooking over the rack bag , waterproof, zipperable and carries a lot * (but not diapers )

* stuffed a Marantz receiver in there once.

That's a very nice shot. What peak is that in the background? St Helen's? Whitney? Rainier?

Now I know where all the vintage audio has gone: Seawolf has hoarded it on his "getaway ride".

Me at the top of Thatcher State Park with my buddy Chris' 'Cipollini' Specialized near Albany, NY. A fairly hilly route to get there then a decent climb up the escarpment.

That's a very nice shot. What peak is that in the background? St Helen's? Whitney? Rainier?
    Now I know where all the vintage audio has gone: Seawolf has hoarded it on his "getaway ride".

Me at the top of Thatcher State Park with my buddy Chris' 'Cipollini' Specialized near Albany, NY. A fairly hilly route to get there then a decent climb up the escarpment.
    St. Helens is flattened off. Blew out a cubic mile of debris. I see SH daily. No, that pic
    is Mt. Hood

You would be amazed at all the audio gear I've strapped to the bikes. Had two 20lb ea. Target UK steel stands on the rear rack , could barely keep front wheel on the ground. Had a nice turntable balanced back there too ... some wag passed me and yelled "get an MP3 player, it'll skip less"

Glad you clarified that a friend was along , 2 bikes .. 1 rider ?? a real feat.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Glad you clarified that a friend was along , 2 bikes .. 1 rider ?? a real feat.
    That was in case anyone wondered what model the other bike was. I've ridden it, but it's an aluminum sprinter's frame - far too stiff and harsh of a ride for this old dude. Chris is a heavier guy though, and he appreciated a frame that didn't flex much.

Disclaimer: no gratuitous JBL logos (or unemployed leprechauns) were harmed in the preceding posts...

Thread Information