Thread: The Concert for Valor

The Concert for Valor

I was lucky enough to make "The Concert for Valor" down town Wash DC
    last night and ...yes JBL was stacked high above many giant size MTV screens
    along the mall (spec. area) and the sound at front center stage w/
    Metallica playing can only be described as "being like inside a woofer cabinet"
    mids and highs perfectly balanced ...a beautiful show...I put on an old
    Army shirt and was amazed at how friendly everyone was toward me..
    It was an unbelievable experience to hear that much spl done w/ease
    all night.long..........FK

sounds good, tho this crap wasn't needed

Eminem Gives an Expletive-Filled Performance for the Troops at Concert for Valor

http://radio.com/2014/11/12/eminem-f...valor-rihanna/

guess he needs to prove that he hasn't grown up. ?

I dug out my "1 time a year" Vietnam Veterans cap and actually wore it. People were friendly, tho I think it's a rote response ..."Thank You for your service" is the current "Have a nice day".
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    "...the Foo Fighters and Bruce Springsteen stirred up a bit of controversy with their song choice (the anti-war song, “Fortunate Song” by Creedence Clearwater Revival)..."

I guess these knucklehead "reporters" can't get the name of something right anymore. Proofreading is so...boring and uncool, ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post

I dug out my "1 time a year" Vietnam Veterans cap and actually wore it. People were friendly, tho I think it's a rote response ..."Thank You for your service" is the current "Have a nice day".

Yeah it's the standard, unthinking response now and means next to nothing IMO. I generally don't bother advertising that I'm a vet, because I'm not proud of our thuggish military the past dozen years. Knee-jerk glorifying of "the troops" without understanding what they're doing, and the real reasons why, isn't something I want to be part of.

Quote Originally Posted by LowPhreak View Post
    "...the Foo Fighters and Bruce Springsteen stirred up a bit of controversy with their song choice (the anti-war song, “Fortunate Song” by Creedence Clearwater Revival)..."

I guess these knucklehead "reporters" can't get the name of something right anymore. Proofreading is so...boring and uncool, ya know.

Yeah it's the standard, unthinking response now and means next to nothing IMO. I generally don't bother advertising that I'm a vet, because I'm not proud of our thuggish military the past dozen years. Knee-jerk glorifying of "the troops" without understanding what they're doing, and the real reasons why, isn't something I want to be part of.
    That post gets a from me.

I think you added an extra "g" on the song title end ? Or did they fix it ?

"Why is this song controversial, you ask? Well, the song is both anti-war and anti-draft and it’s being performed at a concert for those who volunteered to fight in wars, including the Afghanistan and Iraq one..."

not 100% true. I signed up for 2 extra years to go NAVY and stay out of that mess. After 3 tours ( 2 in-country, 1 at Yankee Station) I concluded that my strategy didn't work very well.

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Of course I didn't add that. When I clicked the link earlier today, that's the way it was spelled on the write-up I saw - "Song" not "Son". I figured just sloppy editing, and/or those kids that did the piece have no clue what the song was for, why or when.

Well you know man, it's de rigueur to 'rah rah' this endless war shit and conveniently ignore how they're going about it. There's no honor in any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LowPhreak View Post
    Well you know man, it's de rigueur to 'rah rah' this endless war shit and conveniently ignore how they're going about it. There's no honor in any of it.
    well, we believed that we "were serving our country" and didn't question as much as we should have ..that's for sure. There's a reason they grab 'em young. Now, afterwards, I'm really anti violence/war/weapons/etc ...

at this point, I don't know if I'd do it all over again (knowing what I know now). But many of the people that are important to me would not have been in my life w/o that experience. I can't write it all off. (it makes me who I am .. a grumpy old Vet)

not sure about "There's no honor in any of it". This is a great country (despite it's many many warts) and in those days you felt like you needed to pay back a bit. Yeah, that's an antiquated theory today. Now the country just owes you everything (and illegals too) . War is now a big video game with drones & bombs. Don't even have to see them. Just go kill the bad guys (and the bad guys are whoever the govt tells you they are)

While cleaning I found a hard copy of this ==>> http://www.strategypage.com/respect/...helicopter.asp , which all was pretty true for us back during the big Asian Adventure.

Thread Information