Greetings, All,

It's seems that I've found a lovely pair of LE14H-1's to go into my "new" L250's, and I am planning to be able to pick them up by year's end. However, that having been said, as a side project, I have a few questions about the LE14A woofers. I've perused the forum and found lots of great information on a DIY refoam of the LE14A, using Rick Cobb's surrounds. And, though it appears to be a somewhat onerous task, it also appears that this most certainly can be accomplished by someone who is handy working with his/her hands. I also know that, if I ended up owning the LE14A woofer that Grumpy and I found in a cabinet set out for trash pickup (on HIS street!), I could easily take it to Edgewound, and he would do a stellar job of refoaming, or even rebuilding this woofer, and it would be better than I could do, myself. However the cost would be fairly high, when considering that I will end up buying the LE14H-3's a little later.

So, here is my question: Is the LE14A a good enough woofer, dated though it may be, that it is worth the efforts of a DIY refoam, using one of Rick's surrounds? Will the end result be something that would sound good in a good cabinet design? In the end, after a bit of a coin toss, I may not end up with the LE14A, at all. But, just in case I do, I'd like to know if it's worth saving and using, or if such an effort would not be worth the time, and money, involved in undertaking it? Thank you, for your thoughts, and comments on this. I hope to hear from those that have trod this path before, to learn how it turned out for them. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc (who is looking forward to sharing an evening of BBQ, good company, and a bit of gambling, with Grumpy and Sweet Bride!!)