Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My "new" L250's: another back burner project, with style!!

Evening, All,

Tomee, you bet! I'll post some photos just as soon as I clean this place up a bit. I've been out of town, doing "Honey-do's" for my Mom-in-law, and just got back this afternoon. Just had our place painted, and some interior plumbing done, and so the inside is packed with stuff that had to be moved in so the painters, and the plumber had room to work. Now, it's time to get it all back to "normal" again. As soon as that happens, I'll post photos!

SeaWolf97, I think the L250's will total about $1,000.00 by the time all is said and done, unless a miracle happens, for which I shall not hold my breath!! It could end up being a good bit less than my estimate, but the tale will be told once I can afford to actually purchase the woofers. If a grand ends up being the final price, I'll be a "Happy Chappy", as my Brit friends are wont to say, and think that's an excellent price, for what we will be getting!! I'll see how it all goes, once all the $$ commitments have been taken care of, and all drivers are assembled, installed, and tested, will post a report on how it all went down. Thanks, very much, for the comments from you all, and as I've already said, it's very exciting and quite lovely, having a pair of these L250's to enjoy (once the system is complete)! With the L300's, and L250's, and various smaller JBL's that I own, I think most of the bases will be covered, at least for what our wallet, and living spaces can afford to accommodate!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Hey, SEAWOLF97,

I have just spent some enjoyable time, seeking out and reading your own L250/L250Ti journey, Tom, and it was delightful and informative! Thanks for all that good info, and for sharing your experiences with the two models of this system. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Hey, SEAWOLF97,

I have just spent some enjoyable time, seeking out and reading your own L250/L250Ti journey, Tom, and it was delightful and informative! Thanks for all that good info, and for sharing your experiences with the two models of this system. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark
    Yup, I rather like mine , tho there is newer/better out there. Have not heard L250's, but I suspect that they are within a percent or two of the 250Ti performance. There are many good threads on the forum about them. IF you have carpet, make sure you protect the easily damaged skirts.

The L250Ti designation does not exist , even Rob made that mistake on the reference pages. The "L" was dropped in the later version.

I asked about how much you'll have in them as I've followed the market and they generally sell in the 1K +- range. The 250Ti's are generally in the 2K area. Yours are obviously the better "bang for the buck"
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Howdy, SEAWOLF97,

Thanks for the shout. When I bought the cabs and crossovers from Doug, he charged me the advertised $50 price, which I thought was a steal, and I told him so. He, of course, already knew that! After we packed up the cabs in my truck, TD offered me the original drivers which went with that system, minus the woofers, for an additional $350. I thought about it for just a bit, then bought the entire package for his asking price. Doug was kind enough to set me up with a bit of "special consideration", and that was very nice of him. So, all told, from TD, I have $400 into the L250's. I figure it will cost me an additional $600 to get a really nice pair of LEH14-3 woofers, and that is what I would like to do. I now have a pair "on hold", from another kind and helpful forum member. I hope to pick those up at year's end, and definitely plan to do so. IF that plan comes to fruition, barring any problems, that will bring my total price up to $1,000 for a working, and original pair of L250's. I'm happy with that, most especially because it will have come to me via two trusted LH forum members!!

By the way, the cabs are in excellent condition, other than a few extra holes, which will be covered up by mounting the original drivers, which were drilled into the cabs for Doug and Dave's experiment with dome drivers in these cabs. There is one other, very small, veneer problem, but it just where a bit of veneer lifted up around a woofer hole, and I believe I can make that so discreet that few, or any people would notice it. The skirts on both cabs are wonderful condition, with only one very small flake chipped out, and one dink in a back right corner on one cab. The drivers I got are in excellent to very good condition, with one dome tweeter pushed in a tad. The rest look just fine. To me, they are darn near perfect! As promised, I'll post photos when the place has been cleaned up, and our LR doesn't resemble a garage, as it does right now! Thanks, again, for all the info you shared, and for your comments in this thread. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

Hey Doc,

Glad you got that system. If I'd have been on the forum and saw some of that pricing, I would have been shot by wife for thinking about bringing home yet another system.

If you need any help with 2235's, or small two way systems like 4408 or L19, let me know, they are in abundance here.
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Howdy, Bart!

It's great to hear from you, my friend! When you mentioned that you had not seen TD's listing of the L250's and crossovers, I had to smile! Immediately, the thought of your signature line, with the "JBL Fan Mech986" driving his car to acquire some new JBL goodies, came to mind!! I'm really happy to have gotten there, and been the recipient of TD's generous pricing on the goodies I got from him!! However, if you, or any others of our LH forum friends, had gotten there ahead of me, I'd be happy for that, too! As long as we "kept them in the LH family", I'm happy, and doubly happy that I was able to do that!!

Thank you for your offer of some of the smaller JBL's, Bart. I truth, right now, I do have some of those same systems, but none of them are perfect. So, maybe in the future you and I can talk about what you have. On a related front, I am finally going to be using the great pair of 2123's that I got from you, years ago, as my long-planned for 4-way is finally coming to fruition! As the final pieces fall into place, I'll post that here, of course. Thanks for selling me the 2123's, and I know that, if we do business again, I'll be happy with whatever I get from you! Best to your wife and daughter, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

Good Evening, All,

Today, is my 65 birthday, and I've very much enjoyed a fun day of doing whatever I pleased, thanks to my lovely Sweet Bride! As part of that, I finally took a few photos, as requested, to share what I bought from Doug. This will show you how lovely the L250 cabinets are, and the excellent condition in which they came to me. The drivers, some of which are not 100% perfect, are really in acceptable condition, and some are in excellent condition. Please give it a peek, and you can see what I got from TD. I'm very excited about this project, and look forward to it coming to total fruition soon! Thanks for taking a look, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

Name:  DSCN5031.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  147.8 KBName:  DSCN5032.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  151.7 KBName:  DSCN5033.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  110.6 KBName:  DSCN5034.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  77.9 KB

P.S. I included a shot of the two 4645 cabinets, with 2245H woofers mounted in them. These will function as subwoofers for both the L300's, and also the L250's, depending on which system we are enjoying that the time. Both cabs need some new paint, and that will be done, after the L250's are up and running.

Happy Birthday!

Morning, Grumpy!

Thanks a lot, Dave! We can't stop the years from passing by, but we can, and should have as good a time as possible along the way!! My JBL's are part of what makes life worthwhile for me, and I am grateful for that fun blessing!! We definitely missed seeing you at the Las Vegas Audio Club meeting, and know you would have very much enjoyed joining in that fun!! I see a BBQ dinner on the horizon, though, and that will also be fun!! Thanks, again, and talk to you soon!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

Good Morning, All,

Well, the pieces for my L250 project have finally come together, with the purchase of two nice JBL LE14H-3's from a good friend here on the forum. He will be shipping them soon, and as soon as they arrive, the only things left to source, or make, will be two proper grill frames!! I can hardly wait to finally get to hear these guys in our home, and very much look forward to that happening fairly soon!! I'll post more photos, as soon as the woofers arrive, safe and sound, and after the project is complete and up and running, will post a report on how these sound to Sweet Bride and me!! Talk soon, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

Doc
    I have a extra set of 250ti grill frames that I am not using, if you want them just let me know.
    I am in San Jose, but I do come to LA quite a bit.
    Regards.
    Walter

Good Morning, Walter,

Many thanks for the offer of the 250ti grill frames! I'd have to drill the cabinets for the receiving part of the upgraded grill frames, and would have to think about that a bit before doing that. I do like that fact that the 250ti grills seem to be more stable on the cabinet, than the L250 grill frames look to be. I'll send you a PT, and we can discuss this further. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Good Morning, Walter,

Many thanks for the offer of the 250ti grill frames! I'd have to drill the cabinets for the receiving part of the upgraded grill frames, and would have to think about that a bit before doing that. I do like that fact that the 250ti grills seem to be more stable on the cabinet, than the L250 grill frames look to be. I'll send you a PT, and we can discuss this further. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    why not just remove the posts ... I think they pull out , and then velcro a'la the 250's ?
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Good Morning, All,

Seawolf97, that's a good idea, and one into which I look.

My new LE14H-3's arrived yesterday, and the box containing them was huge, and very strong!! I'll be opening it later today, and checking out the new JBL's, then will post photos of what I have received. More about how that came to be, too! I'm EXCITED!! Talk soon, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

Greetings, All,

Yesterday, I unpacked my new LE14H-3's, bought from my forum friend, JuniorJBL, and I have to say, they look absolutely MINT, to me!! He packed them in three separate boxes, with plenty of padding around them, and because of his excellent attention to detail, they woofers arrived in perfect condition, without so much as a dent in a box!! Here's are the JBL beauties that I received:

Name:  DSC_7915.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  79.3 KB Name:  DSC_7920.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  43.2 KB Name:  DSC_7921.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  38.9 KB Name:  DSC_7922.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  37.3 KB Name:  DSC_7923.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  46.0 KB

As you can see, there are no longer serial number decals on these woofers, which doesn't bother me on iota. I do, however, need to locate some proper gasket/rings for these woofers, as well as a few of the other drivers that will go into my L250's. I can probably make some, but, I'd prefer to have the real deal, if possible.

Also, thanks to yet another LH member, it appears I'll be getting a pair of 250ti grill frames to use with my cabinets!! Thanks, wsilva, for your kindness in offer me the grills, and I look forward to using them!!

More photos, and more info later, as this continues to progress towards JBL Adio Heaven Fruition!!! Thanks, again, to JuniorJBL, and wsilva, for their help, and when all is said and done, I'll post the list of everyone who has contributed to my L250 project becoming a reality!! This forum is filled to the brim with good folks, and I'm very thankful and highly appreciative, of all the advice, suggestions, and help that has come my way!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

P.S. it seems that not all the photos uploaded, and it's possible that there is a limit to how many you can post at one time. Can't remember. I'll post the last two photos after this is sent.

Thread Information