Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New LSR 7 series. 708

From what i get they are now shipping

Yesterday i had a chance to fiscally see the 705i and 708i

Man the 705i are tiny and light its real a very small factor speaker i wonder how the bass is going to be from such a small box

I did not get to hear them but i own a pair of LSR 6325p and does are bass shy specs are 70hz-2200000 with a -10db @ 48
    Hz
    the 705I has a spec of 48Hz- 23000Hz with a -10 @ 39Hz wooooaw thats incredible for such a small factor speaker

of course it wont go loud @ -80hz but for 6 or less feet listening in a small room @ 80dB should do the job

The Revel M106 are by spec -3dB @ 59hz and -10dB @ 39Hz with a sensitivity of 87dB 1w my guess is that the small 705I should be a 85dB sensitivity or less to get that type of bass out of a small box

at least 100 watts of amp for these

Did you get to see what kind of terminals they had? Proper ones?

I got some more news today, apparently there is a parts shortage and there's only a few pairs available in the US.
    Not available at all in Europe until late June.

I'm getting a bit impatient here!

Phoenix terminals

non hi fi but practical for instalation

That will work.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by carolax View Post
    Performance Audio says they haven't shipped from the factory and they didn't order any for stock; my pair will be a special order and won't arrive when the first production versions ship. Neither Sweetwater or B+H have them in their online catalog. Did see a JBL Synthesis post on Facebook about being able to purchase them through the Synthesis dealer channel, such as it is. So I'm waiting.

Tried to find out sensitivity and mounting hole information from JBL, but they were useless, as you'd expect from Haman, a company that values automotive infotainment system profits above all else.
    Hi Carolax

have you any news on your order ?

carolax

Non-order

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post
    Hi Carolax

have you any news on your order ?
    Performance Audio decided they won't/can't sell them online, so that order was cancelled. I'll revisit the process when they're in stock somewhere. Harman sure know how to launch a new product, don't they?

yes it is incredible !!!!!

Fullcompas and Daleproaudio sell them but do not have them in stock ??????? Seams Dale can only sell them as a packed with amp

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/480792.html

http://www.daleproaudio.com/p-26655-...or-system.aspx

May they want to wait for............. who knows Infocom 2015 their marketing stinks

I'm told they are shipping "any day now", lol. I've only been waiting since January and have been told by my dealer (Dale Pro) at least 3 times in the past that "they'll be shipping in a few weeks'.

I had sold my surrounds about a month ago in anticipation of an imminent release, so I haven't had surrounds for about a month now.

But the M2's have an amazing way of making me not really care about it all that much. But still, it would be nice to have some surrounds again.

Bravo

please keep us posted

Quote Originally Posted by gooddoc View Post
    I had sold my surrounds about a month ago in anticipation of an imminent release, so I haven't had surrounds for about a month now.

But the M2's have an amazing way of making me not really care about it all that much. But still, it would be nice to have some surrounds again.
    Hmmm... my surrounds are out in the garage! My LCRs are 1400 Arrays with an 880 Array center... I meant to install the surrounds over a year ago but just can't be bothered to climb into the attic to run the wire.

Do keep us posted! I bet you will get yours up and running before I do.

Widget

tonight at LA

This is a reminder that the June AES-LA monthly meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 at 8:00 PM at the Sportsmen’s Lodge Event Center, 12833 Ventura Blvd., Studio City, CA 91604 (at the corner of Ventura Blvd. and Coldwater Canyon). Parking is free behind the convention center building; enter off of Coldwater Canyon. The optional pre-meeting dinner is at 7:00 PM. Actual meeting will start at 8pm.

The topic this month is: JBL Case Study: New Transducer and Monitors

JBL Professional, based in nearby Northridge, enjoys an enviable reputation for innovating a number of leading-edge transducers and sound systems for professional audio applications. At the core of its expertise is a continuing focus on original research and development of new types of transducers, such as the patented D2 Dual Compression Driver and the Image Control Waveguide technologies that are now the core of JBL’s new studio monitor platform, including the M2 Master Reference Monitor and 7 Series two-way monitors.

Our speakers for the June 30 AES LA Section Meeting will be Dr. Alexander Voishvillo, Senior Manager of Transducer Engineering and Acoustic Research, and Charles Sprinkle, Senior Systems Engineer at JBL Professional, who will describe the initial technology and its evolution into new smaller transducers that form the heart of JBL’s new 7 Series Studio Monitor series.

Dr. Alexander Voishvillo will describe the D2430K dual driver and how it has spawned a new range of annular diaphragm compression drivers, such as smaller D2415K dual driver and the latest model 2409H, in addition to next-generation woofers that are the heart of the new 7 Series, and ensure that these speakers can deliver extended response and very high output continuously without failure.

The D2 is said to overcome the limitations of conventional compression driver technology, including limited HF extension due to mass of the diaphragm and voice coil, air resonances in compression chamber, as well as nonlinear distortion caused by metallic domes’ high-frequency breakup modes.

Merging two compression drivers into a single, compact transducer with a single acoustical output, the D2 utilizes two voice coils, each with its own lightweight, polymer, annular diaphragm, two magnet assemblies and two precise phasing plugs fabricated out of magnesium alloy. Instead of the large and high-mass, single voice coil/diaphragm assembly of conventional compression drivers based on metallic dome diaphragm, the D2 is equipped with two light moving assemblies. The D2’s pair of annular flexural polymer diaphragms offers approximately the same radiating area as a conventional single dome (attached to the same diameter voice coil), with overall output and power handling being dramatically increased because of the lower moving mass and enhanced heat transfer from two separate voice coils. As used in the JBL VTX V25 three-way, high-directivity line array element, the result is described as dramatically improved efficiency, power handling, smoother HF response and significantly lower level of nonlinear distortion.

Charles Sprinkle will discuss integration of these technologies and describe the M2 formula, leveraging the drivers and waveguide to achieve target performance and neutral in-room response; he will also tell how he applied this formula to a new line of 7 Series two-way monitors.

Alex and Charles will be joined by Peter Chaikin, Director of Recording and Broadcast Marketing with JBL Professional, who will describe how these new technologies are being leveraged to respond to market conditions and needs. JBL targeted the development of studio monitors that deliver very high output, “extended yet neutral in-room response” from systems with compact footprints. For its proof of concept – JBL’s flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor - the patented D2 was paired with an equally capable 2216ND dual voice coil 15-inch woofer, and a patent-pending waveguide design to deliver extended in-room response of 20 Hz to 40 kHz, together with 123 dB SPL at one meter in a two-way system with a 20-inch by 14-inch foot print.

The M2’s waveguide technology held great promise for improving in-room performance, and while the M2 system has a $20,000 per-pair price tag JBL set out to apply the waveguide technology to a most affordable studio monitor, and ones that could deliver neutral response and detailed imaging at $300 per-pair price points. The successful 3 Series JBL monitors demonstrated that these new waveguide technologies offer benefits without adding significant cost. Leveraging lessons learned from the M2 and 3 Series, JBL’s new line of studio monitors utilizes not only the same waveguide technology, but also the M2’s transducer technology. The new 7 Series is designed as “a next-generation solution for post and broadcast facilities engaged in immersive audio production.”

Meetings are free and are open to everyone including students, non-members and guests.

• The web page update added some BSS AUDIO and CROWN. software Seems that a single wire setup will benefit oF some espesific eq resonance control

705 Specs

SpecificationsModel Name: LSR705i

• Frequency Response:-1.5 dB @ 48 Hz – 23 kHz
    • Low Frequency Extension
    • - 3.0 dB @ 45.0 Hz
    -10 dB @ 39 Hz
    • High Frequency Extension: -10dB @ 36 kHz
    • Crossover: 1.9 kHz 6th-order acoustic Linkwitz-Riley
    • Waveguide Dispersion (Horizontal/Vertical): 115 degrees x 95 degrees
    • Max SPL ≥ 101 dB Continuos @ 1m ≥ 107 dB Peak @1m
    • LF Transducer: 725G 5-Inch Impedance: 4 ohms
    • HF Transducer: 2409H 1-inch compression driver Impedance: 8 ohms
    • System minimum impedance: 4 ohms
    Sensitivity: 86dB / 2.83V/1m from 100 Hz to 10000 Hz average
    • Single Wire Connection: Euro-block terminal 2 pin. Accepts 12 gauge wire maximum.
    • Bi Amplified Connection: Euro-block terminal, 6 pin. Accepts 12 gauge wire maximum.
    • Recommended Amplifier Power: 250 Watts/32 VRMS into 4 Ohms
    • Dimensions: 10.6 x 5.9 x 8.13 (8.6 with connector), Inches (H x W x D)
    • Weight 9.0 lb. 4.08 kg
    • Mounting Points on 3 surfaces: Top, Bottom and Rear: Two-Hole pattern, 2.69” oncenter. M6 Metric thread

Note: This loudspeaker is not designed forstand-alone use. A specied HARMANsignal processor and power amplier arerequired. Refer to product documentation

Model Name: LSR708i

• Frequency Response:-1.5 dB @ 45 Hz – 23 kHz
    • Low Frequency Extension
    • -3.0 dB @ 41.2 Hz
    -10 dB @ 35.5 Hz
    • High Frequency Extension: -10dB @ 36 kHz
    • Crossover: 1.7 kHz 6th-order acoustic Linkwitz-Riley
    • Waveguide Dispersion (Horizontal/Vertical): 110 degrees x 90 degrees
    • Max SPL @ 1m Continuous/Peak: ≥ 108 dB / ≥ 114 dB
    • LF Transducer: 728G 8-inch Impedance: 4 ohms
    • HF Transducer: 2409H 1-inch compression driver Impedance: 8 ohms
    • System minimum impedance: 4 ohms
    Sensitivity: 90dB / 2.83V/1m from 100 Hz to 10000 Hz average
    • Single Wire Connection: Euro-block terminal 2 pin. Accepts 12 gauge wire maximum.
    • Bi Amplified Connection: Euro-block terminal, 6 pin. Accepts 12 gauge wire maximum.
    • Recommended Amplifier Power: 250 Watts/32 VRMS into 4 Ohms
    • Dimensions: 17.25 x 9.75 x 11.25 (11.75” including connector), Inches (H x W x D)
    • Weight: 25.2 lb.
    • Mounting Points on 3 surfaces: Top, Bottom and Rear: Four-Hole pattern, 4.25” x 2”M8 Metric thread

80sKid
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post

Note: This loudspeaker is not designed forstand-alone use. A specied HARMANsignal processor and power amplier arerequired. Refer to product documentation
    Huh?

I know that the M2 is like this, but the LSR 705 and 708 as well? Looking at the JBL product info page, there's no mention of needing proprietary electronics.

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/r...s/lsr708i#Tech

Thread Information