Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New LSR 7 series. 708

Where are the 7 Series available for purchase? They're certainly not widely distributed for a two year old product.

Thanks,

Warren
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zeppeli View Post
    Where are the 7 Series available for purchase? They're certainly not widely distributed for a two year old product.

Thanks,

Warren
    here is a link

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/r...cyBoxContainer

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post

I can't seem to locate the Buy Now button at that link.
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

Does anyone know if the 708i's baffle is removable? It looks like it might be held on with screws, but I'm not certain and don't want to destroy one.

The reason I'd want to remove the baffles is that I'm thinking of using them in a living room, so a more furniture-like cabinet is required, either nice veneer or a furniture-grade paint job.

Can someone explain to me (in simple terms) what is needed to make these run (non powered version) in home stereo. I have a standard HT amp atm
    Jbl L15, S4600

I think that you can connect them as usual and play them. The DSP is not absolutely necessary just to listen to them. But I'd think you would want a BSS DSP unit as a nice upgrade at some point. I haven't heard them with or without the DSP, so I can't comment on how they sound either way.
    https://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttach...e_20160601.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by DS-21 View Post
    Does anyone know if the 708i's baffle is removable? It looks like it might be held on with screws, but I'm not certain and don't want to destroy one.

The reason I'd want to remove the baffles is that I'm thinking of using them in a living room, so a more furniture-like cabinet is required, either nice veneer or a furniture-grade paint job.
    I know its an old thread but were you ever successful taking the baffle off the 708i. There are about 10 small screws holding the baffle on but I'm also wondering if they used any glue. I also don't want to destroy the cabinet just to find out.

A project I'm looking to do in the future is to turn these into in-walls. The SCL-4's from the synthesis line are really the in-wall versions of 708's and use the same CD but only a 7" driver however they cost 3 times the price. I can easily build a new skinny cabinet that maintains the same volume as the 708's and adjust EQ to take into account baffle step compensation but would need to re-use the baffle because of the waveguide.

Anyone see a problem with doing this ?

Quote Originally Posted by husq2100 View Post
    Can someone explain to me (in simple terms) what is needed to make these run (non powered version) in home stereo. I have a standard HT amp atm
    Cheapest way appears to be by using them together with a minidsp. PEQ's posted here https://www.minidsp.com/forum/minids...708i-dsp#29625

Thread Information