Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who wins ?

PSS AUDIO
    Originally posted by merlin
    As a nation where the most popular surname is Mohammed and the national dish is curry, we kind of struggle for a national identity. But diversity is the essence of learning.
    You are totally mistaken!

Curry is NOT a Muslim meal nor eaten in Arabia area!

Curry is an Indian meal.

You are confusing and confusing others is not the best thing to do, unless confusing as the basement of the theory one wishes to teach to others ignorant...

It is not because a curry is a spicy meal that all spicy meals are curry.

This reminds me the following story from an English man coming for the first time of his life in France.

He crossed a red hair girl and back in London clamed that all French girls were red hair ones!

Yuri

If you read more carefully, I believe Merlin was being humourous in referring to his own country (the UK) as having its national dish being curry and the most common surname being Mohammed. As has been proven on too many occaisions, irony and the Internet are often mutually exclusive
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Grrrrrr...

Yuri forced me to come back to this thread. With all respect. Only a big part of the french refuse to speak english. They even have a law that protects their language from anglistic elements (sounds like a desease).
    But to be fair this crazy thoughts about limiting of anglistic elements apearing from time to time in germany too but will never come into law.

In all other european country's especially the new members of the EU, english is the 2nd language and most of the younger people speak it and not even soooo bad.

What do you think I'm doing here? Writing German?

All I can say is that as a person who is deficient in all languages, especially my mother tongue, I am grateful that so many around the World have chosen English as their second language.

When I was younger I spent a year in France and later did a summer internship in Austria. In both cases other than a few rudimentary sentences (like ordering a beer with lunch) I managed to get along quite well with my complete lack of ability with languages.

Furthermore my hat is off to all of you who contribute to this forum using English as a second or even third language!

Widget

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by paragon
    "K" gets 51 % and "B" 52 % .
    So it looks like Bush won the Electoral College by 118,000 votes. Pretty slim...

Thursday, January 6, 2005 Posted: 6:55 PM EST (2355 GMT)

"Bush carried Ohio by more than 118,000 votes -- the Buckeye State win providing the margin of victory in the Electoral College race. The president received 286 to Kerry's 252 electoral votes."

Obsolete
    "I urge all people to vote. I urge people to defy these terrorists," Bush said, calling the election a "grand moment in Iraqi history."

"The White House said Tuesday that President Bush will ask Congress for another $80 billion to pay for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, an appropriation that would bring the total spent for the two wars to more than $300 billion."

I sure as hell hope that $300 billion pays for a SOTA voting system instead of the sundry crap we have to use here in the States.

paragon

Who wins

Who wins ??
    You loose, sorry (i think).
    You loose man people are dying.
    Only my mind, not more.

Eckhard ( and i loose too, because of...)

paragon

Time

What`s the matter ? Time is running out. No answer ?

Eckhard

Kind of like a rock - paper - scissors game in progress. Saddam could win the war with the fundamentalists, and we could win the war with Saddam. But can we win the war with the fundamentalists? Maybe, check back in ten years.

Thread Information