Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you hang ...

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Whoaa ...thanx for the memory jog. I went to one of Bucky's lectures at UCSB on my father's recommendation (1967 or 8) . Dad said that this will be the most brilliant guy you'll ever meet. I was just a HS senior. His presentation was comprehensible to me ( I was smart back then) , and seemed like the same stuff that I was reading in the Popular Science mag predictions..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47 View Post

As for Mr. Fuller, I feel the need to mention that he was almost certainly one of he greatest and widest ranging thinkers of his century. The portrait painted of him by the press didn't even touch him, and up close and personal it was obvious that he was in a league of his own. .
    Don't just take our recommendations on "Bucky" , check what the world says about him , tho he never graduated from college.

Richard Buckminster "Bucky" Fuller was an American neo-futuristic architect, systems theorist, author, designer, and inventor.

Fuller entered Harvard University in 1913, but he was expelled after excessively socializing and missing his midterm exams. Following his expulsion, he worked at a mill in Canada, where he took a strong interest in machinery and learned to modify and improve the manufacturing equipment. Fuller returned to Harvard in the autumn of 1915 but was again dismissed.

Throughout his life, Fuller found numerous outlets for his innovative ideas. During the early 1930s he published Shelter magazine, and from 1938 until 1940 he was science and technology consultant for Fortune magazine. During the 1940s he began to teach and lecture at universities, including Harvard and MIT, and in the late 1950s he became a professor at Southern Illinois University (SIU), where he and his wife lived in a geodesic dome when he was in residence. In 1972 he was named World Fellow in Residence to a consortium of universities in Philadelphia, including the University of Pennsylvania. He retained his connection with both SIU and the University of Pennsylvania until his death. He was the author of nearly 30 books, and he spent much of his life traveling the world lecturing and discussing his ideas with thousands of audiences. Some of Fuller's many honors highlight his eclectic reputation: For example, because he sometimes expressed complex ideas in verse to make them more understandable, in 1961 he received a one-year appointment to the prestigious Charles Eliot Norton Professorship of Poetry at Harvard. After being spurned early in his career by the architecture and construction establishments, Fuller was later recognized with many major architectural, scientific, industrial, and design awards, both in the United States and abroad, and he received 47 honorary doctorate degrees. In 1983, shortly before his death, he received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, with a citation acknowledging that his "contributions as a geometrician, educator, and architect-designer are benchmarks of accomplishment in their fields."

After Fullers death, when chemists discovered that the atoms of a recently discovered carbon molecule were arrayed in a structure similar to a geodesic dome, they named the molecule "buckminsterfullerene."

https://bfi.org/about-fuller/biography

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckminster_Fuller

too bad that he was so busy, that audio did not come up on his radar.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Obsolete

Who would you hang ...

George Harrison , in addition to guitar , he was an amateur race driver. some beers and a fun day.

Who would you ?
    Justin Bieber.
    Kanye West.

Who would you hang with?
    I'd say Katy Perry, but I prefer everything about Zoey Deschanel. Maybe both of them.

[QUOTE=4313B;367182]Justin Bieber,Kanye West.[QUOTE]

If I ever saw either of them in a cross walk I would have a serious moral dilemma on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I'd say Katy Perry, but I prefer everything about Zoey Deschanel. Maybe both of them.
    That might not be so bad.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Well now this thread is getting interesting!

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Its worth it for Morgan Freeman on a pole ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Les Paul

With out him....well where would all that greasy electric stuff come from!

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Justin Bieber,Kanye West.
    >>If I ever saw either of them in a cross walk I would have a serious moral dilemma on my hands.

I'm getting rather tired of the angry credit card TV hustler too

http://www.americanbanker.com/people...1063293-1.html

and Alex Baldwin together in a crosswalk ... slide sideways ?

enough venting .. lets get back on topic...I had learned some things here until latest posts.

tesla
    Nikola Tesla gets my vote also. Practically our whole word-wide society is based on his inventions helped by Westinghouse and strangely enough, Marconi. Why Marconi? Even though he stole virtually everything he did from Tesla, he did help to commercialize Radio, something that Tesla seemed not to care about.

Richard Feynman

Need I say more?

My Father one last time. (he died about a month ago and was a mechanical engineer, and fantastic human being. I will be forever indebted to him.

IF I thought that comprehension was remotely possible, my answer would have been
    Nikola Tesla.

PBS ran a show that featured the AC\DC (no, not the group) standards wars between NT & TE. Fascinating story. Edison played a bit dirty in that one.

BUT
    , then Tesla mutilated his manhood so not to be distracted from his work by women.

Wow, talk about dedication ....

Wouldn't mind hanging with Seigfried Linkwitz. His room may have been my fav at RMAF 2014 this year.
    Hug your dog.

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Eddie Kramer, Bob Ludwig, Greg Calbi - all great recording engineers.

GT - well he has a big bandwagon to haul around. Add one more body to it.

Eric Paiste, Toomas Paiste - I was a drummer in a former life. I am still amazed at what they come up with.

There are so many, hard to pick just 5 or so.

WTF is an R Kelly and why should I care about such behaviour?
    Hanging with such folks sounds like HS blotto time ...
    Mic full of ass sounds pretty classless to me ... like peeing in the milkshake mix ...

Quote Originally Posted by Radley View Post
    A lot of you have mentioned famous acousticians which is cool.
    I've hung with a few acousticians and they speak in a language of their own. Their vocabulary is in psychics and math and way over my head.

I get a kick out of the old road dogs. They've worked with everyone and the behind the scenes stories are great.

I remember riding to a gig with a monitor guy who had just gotten done with a R Kelly tour.
    He said every night right before he'd hand Kelly his mic he would shove it down the back of his pants and rub it in his crack. Priceless...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Who would you hang ...
    with for a day (from the audio world - either production/design/theory/tech) ... to experience/learn what you could from that person ? why ?

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Mic full of ass sounds pretty classless to me ... like peeing in the milkshake mix ...
    maybe that's who he wants to experience/learn what he could ... from that person ?

(as per thread premise )

maybe sticking a mic down your pants is difficult ? worthy ? a valuable skill ?

Quote Originally Posted by Radley View Post
    A lot of you have mentioned famous acousticians which is cool. I've hung with a few acousticians and they speak in a language of their own. Their vocabulary is in psychics and math and way over my head.
    ASSUME you got words confused ??

A psychic is a person who claims to use extrasensory perception (ESP) to identify information hidden from the normal senses,

Physics (from Ancient Greek: φυσική (ἐπιστήμη) phusikḗ (epistḗmē) “knowledge of nature”, from φύσις phúsis "nature"[1][2][3]) is the natural science that involves the study of matter[4] and its motion through space and time, along with related concepts such as energy and force.

Don't forget Rice and Kellogg without whom JBL (and others...) would not be what he is

Don't just take our recommendations on "Bucky" , check what the world says about him , tho he never graduated from college.
    We Got Buckminster Fuller's FBI File

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/we-go...ile-1704777475

Thread Information