Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Everest speakers needing Sub or DSP = Poor Design

Long time advocate of DSP here. To the 'purists' I say, vinyl, cd mastering(usually very different), mastering engineers have preferences and systems. Most recordings are digital and will have bounced in and out of ad/da conversion, bounced to analogue tape and back into digital at the whim of the producer/engineer before you even get to hear it..
    High end pro DSP is to all intents transparent.

I stated this in another thread but will repeat; the solution arrived at in response to a particular subjective shortfall in the LF capabilities of the Everest involved supplementary 4x 18" sub drivers-there is no way that 'solution' could have been arrived at/built into the Everest design deploying as it does 2x 15"'s. Buying the wrong speaker for your situation is just silly and cannot be laid at the door of the Everest design.

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    I'm going to assume for myself that had I the kind of cash for DD67000s and the associated gear to do them justice, I'd also have a suitable sub system for the 20-30Hz range. I'll also assume that the greater issue than the bottom 10Hz would be the room first.

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    But not to forget that all (today) CD- drives apply a kind of DSP processing ( example: oversampling, Sigma-Delta DAC...etc),
    so if want to be 'out-of-DSP' then Vinyl LP, Tape Deck,..????, are the only solutions.
    I'd argue that even RIAA equalization is "processing". Maybe not "digital" but certainly signal processing.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information