Thread: SoniCaps; Biasing / BiPassing

SoniCaps; Biasing / BiPassing ?

Hi

(A) In the search for the word "SoniCaps" there is a pretty consistent message that these caps don't require DC Biasing or Bypassing.

Since I want to try out these caps , has anyone tried them Biased & Bypassed ? If so, what happened ?
    Is the SoniCap a giant step forwards in the pursuit of the perfect sounding monolythic plastic film cap ?

(B) I also agree with some older archived comments, that Solen MPPs ( to now paraphrase ) are a "bitch" to bypass . I'm still slogging away for a sane solution that avoids investing $10.00 to 30.00 US per 3uf cap. Adding a smidgeon of Metallized Mylar into the matrix does smooth out the nasties found in the bypass transitions ( I'm talking, values in the area of .0082uf for the Mylars ). My next Mylar purchase will be .005 Film & Foils. We'll see what happens. I have .22uf Film & Foil Mylars that actually added quite a warm "bottom-end" to the Solens. That was a first ! Too bad the clarity also clouded over .
    I find my PolyPropylene bypasses don't much like to be paralleled to the Solens. All sorts of strange sounds are produced on the leading edge of notes, especially horn players .

Thoughts ?

<. EarlK

Try some North Creek caps.

I hear the cheaper one's a plent good

Ian

Thread Information