Thread: Any Barbara Dennerlein fans?

Any Barbara Dennerlein fans?

One of my all time favourites. I interviewed her recently and published an interview here:

http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/2014/...ra-dennerlein/

Huge fan. I will check it out after work tonight.
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Laurie Thanks for posting – I had never heard of Barbara Dennerlein before, read your article and was immediately intrigue with the Hammond B3 organ always loved the sound. I spent Wednesday evening on YouTube exploring her various videos – WOW what a talent!

Needless to say before the evening was over I had ordered more than a few of her CDs. “That’s Me” arrived Friday and I have just finished listening to this afternoon – WonderBar!

I strongly encourage everyone to check her out.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RVtFpAJVzZw

Try Hot Stuff.​ Import CD can get it. Enja Records ENJ-60502. From the era when she had a Jazz/Fusion band with Andy Sheppard and of course her collaborator Mitch Watkins. Mark Mondesir on drums. My personal favorite, it doesn't sound like any of her other recordings that I have heard. Andy Sheppard makes quite a difference. I personally like this congregation better than her other, larger Enja band. I do like Junkanoo and especially Outhipped a lot, but this is my favorite.

While not on the CD, the YouTube selection "Purple" is live from this outfit. This link, not the other one they carry.
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Quote Originally Posted by christo View Post
    Laurie Thanks for posting – I had never heard of Barbara Dennerlein before, read your article and was immediately intrigue with the Hammond B3 organ always loved the sound. I spent Wednesday evening on YouTube exploring her various videos – WOW what a talent!

Needless to say before the evening was over I had ordered more than a few of her CDs. “That’s Me” arrived Friday and I have just finished listening to this afternoon – WonderBar!

I strongly encourage everyone to check her out.
    Glad you enjoyed the interview and discovering an artist you didn't know of before. It's always nice to discover an artist whose one of the best that you were not aware of.

Trubute to Charlie Parker, Bebab and Bebaloo are also great albums.

Thread Information