Recent buyer of 4430 I am up for starting the bi amp trip. I was thincking about active crossovers: I used to own a driverack PA to do 2.1 with a small tube amp and an active sub, and I realised that the driverack was twisting the place of intruments as compared with the CD player directly on the (integrated amp). The sound was more say digital less dynamic. I eventulally sold the driverack after few weeks. I blamed the double conversion AN and then again NA as not doing anygood to the signal...my source is also the turntable and same story i would like to avoid any conversion....

Now, my preamp is a mcintosh C22 fed with telefunken and I do not want its output to be converted an reconverted.... or rather i am willing to avoid that.
So I thought to buy an analog active crossover like the dBx 234 xS but I see the slope is limited to 24dB /0 when the 4430 need 12dB/0...
How important is the slope respect ?

How good is the analog filter dBx 234xS ? do you have an alternative ? with the choice in slope ?

Other wise I could buy another preamp and put the 2496 after the CD player in AESBU... the bass amp will be either a phase linear 400 or a yamaha 2500s I haven't decided yet....

thanks for advice