Quote Originally Posted by GordonW View Post

My suggestion, might be to seperate JUST the 2405 from the other three drivers- run a tri-amp setup- with the 2231/2235 woofer on one amp, the 10" midbass and mid horn on one amp, and the 2405 on a third amp. Then, use a digital time delay, to delay the 2405 .67ms. That shouldn't be too terribly hard- all you'd have to do, is seperate the 2405's crossover section from the rest, and just run another amp from a time delay unit for just that tweeter and crossover...
With the active substituted for the passive 077(2405) using a 24/octave at 300 and the 077 at 9000(?) with 24/0ctave is that the delay needed or is it different. I would think the phase would shift and the delay would be quite different compared tog using 24/octave. I can use whatever is best in tthe active 3 way and get is set for the needed delay. Physical location of the drivers would suggest to delay the top and bottom bands to move them back to the location of the horn output, not the other way around or is the target to get summed outputs not time alignment? . Ellectrical stuff always did not make sense to me like mechanical stuff did. Even looking at the schematic on the 3143, what are the driver crossover slopes. I have a tough time discerning zobels from hi from low in the bandpass network for the horn. The 10 inch and slot radiator crossovers look like 12/octave but the horn (12 at 1200 and 6 at 9000????)