Well, I stopped in for exhibits only today at the AES convention in San Francisco, and while just about everything imaginable in the pro-audio spectrum was represented, (the Moscone Center convention floor was packed with exhibits!), all JBL had was a little demo room showing the LSR series, (shared with Studer), a little booth on the floor selling JBL covers, (for EON, etc.), and a last booth shared with a bunch of manufacturers where all they had was a 2003 product CD. Not a single bit of info or even a single JBL pro series speaker represented anywhere else, (other than the LSR). While all the other big-name sound reinforcement manufacturers, (Meyer, EAW, Mackie, etc.), had mostly huge displays complete with hanging suspension systems, etc., it looks like Harman must not feel the bang for the buck is worth it at AES. I saw nothing from DBX or most of their other brands, other than at that booth with info CD's.

I really expected JBL to have a presence, especially with so much new stuff in their pro-sound division. Are they really that successful that they can completely shun AES? While I do admit they have quite a bit of info on their website, this was one event I at least expected they'd show up. They didn't even have any JBL reps in their studio demo room - the Studer reps said there were a couple JBL guys earlier, but didn't know what happened to them.

Just how DOES JBL promote their pro stuff?

Anyway, a lot of the other new stuff was incredible! Now I just need to win the lottery or something...

John