Dear Friends, I have a nice pair of JBL L220's Oracles.

I'm interested in finding out what the original suggested retail price was for these speakers for the years they were manufactured?

What is a reasonable asking price for these speakers today? Are there still re-coing and re-foaming kits still available from JBL and the associated costs?

I dropped a message at the AudioKarma Forums and was directed here for full details.

I would deeply appreciate all the information you fine folks would have to share with me on these wonderful speakers...

Sincerely, Raffaele

PS: I understand that if you replace the LE14H's with LE14A's that the power handling capacity is affected by about half. In that case if I had let's say one perfect LE14H and one LE14A you could not run them as a pair and get the proper reproduction? One of the LE14H's I have at certain frequencies for lack of a better term/word has some form of a distortion [it's quite subtle and annoying.] I could play a full orchestra recording and then let's say a song that has mainly vocals/harmonies mixed in and their appears to be to my ear a very subtle distortion/harmonics of some sort