Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The purpose of JBL E145

Quote Originally Posted by rwwear View Post
    The original JBL C8R2235 recone kit is $219.00 each plus shipping and we have them in stock.

If you would like to place an order please let me know the quantity and your location for shipping. I will send you a PayPal invoice to complete the purchase.

Kind Regards,
    Melissa
    There you go. Perhaps Samsung isn’t interested in policing this anymore.

Check the kits out as thoroughly as you can before gluing anything... if there’s an issue you’ll want to be able to return it.

it -will- cause me to view used items claiming to be “factory recones” a bit more skeptically/critically.

Quality of new factory recones, at least for legacy drivers, is so poor from my experience that I do not see reason for them to policy anything. Instead they need to start to first improve QC and also to start to produce anything instead making kits NLA. But to be honest they are not much better with availability in case of spare parts for Samsung microwave ovens

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    There you go. Perhaps Samsung isn’t interested in policing this anymore.

Check the kits out as thoroughly as you can before gluing anything... if there’s an issue you’ll want to be able to return it.

it -will- cause me to view used items claiming to be “factory recones” a bit more skeptically/critically.

Quote Originally Posted by zeljkor View Post
    Quality of new factory recones, at least for legacy drivers, is so poor from my experience that I do not see reason for them to policy anything. Instead they need to start to first improve QC and also to start to produce anything instead making kits NLA. But to be honest they are not much better with availability in case of spare parts for Samsung microwave ovens
    Do you believe the aftermarket kits are better?

Quote Originally Posted by rwwear View Post
    Do you believe the aftermarket kits are better?
    They are even worse!

Edgewound has hand assembled some aftermarket kits that he carefully installs, but in general the aftermarket kits are not recommended.

The problem with the JBL kits has been consistency. Some are fine and others not. I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung/Harman has stopped producing kits for legacy drivers so what is available are likely items that were left in the corner of one of their warehouses. When they are gone, that will probably be that.

Widget

Thread Information