Hello all,

I'm in the beginning stages of a 4344 replica. While I've read a ton on this forum regarding similar projects and recommendations I'm still at a loss as to what is a good electronic crossover for this setup. Particularly there is mention that if you're not using a JBL 5234(a), or 5235, there is issues with voltage drives and as such other crossovers would need modified? I have no idea what this voltage drive is or means even after trying to research it (admittedly, I'm no expert in speakers or electronics, but know enough to be dangerous. Anyone know thoughts on this? Are these JBL crossovers the ones to get, or is something that is more readily available appropriate or desirable? Particularly I've been looking at the Crown VFX2A. This would be nice as I just picked up a couple of Crown DC300II A's for the bi-amp. I am probably wrong, but these crossovers appear to do bandpass so could they also help with the potential issue of DC leakage at low frequencies (down to 1hz) that these amps can put out when failing, or am I totally off track here?

Thanks for any insight