Thread: BSS for dummies??

BSS for dummies??

I’ve bought some BSS Blu DSPs that I’m going to use for both M2 DIY and also subs.

But I’ve problems understanding how it needs to be setup

I’ve also Crown DCi and CTS with DSP and they are easy to understand.

So... do anyons know of a BSS for dummies/beginers guide?

There are good Audio Architect tutorials on the BSS youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/bssaudio

I found some answers to my questions here.
    http://web.media.mit.edu/~benb/stati...nual/MAIN.html

It takes some reading and making a few mistakes to understand the workflow, but the initial
    connection between the program (Audio Architect [recommended] or London Architect) and
    the BSS unit seems to cause the most difficulty. The videos are quite helpful after that.

Best to start with something simple to verify signals and operation. If you have specific
    issues or questions (or just get stuck) I'm sure someone here can help... I'm happy to,
    when I have time.

Thank you for links, I’ll use the evening to watch a few of the videos to see If i can understand the basics and hopefully from there I’ll start understand

My CTS is quite easy to understand, My DCIn Even more easy but BSS was something way more difficult

i’ll post questions when problems occurs, and they probably will

Can't find any M2 settings file for Audio Architech, is that correct there is none??

If JBL have none, have anyone made that I maybe could get a copy of? It will be used With BLU100

What I have found is the M2 macros are available for BSS in London Architect. So far as I know, Audio Architect doesn't have speaker tunings for the BSS devices. That's disappointing because I don't know how to connect M2s into an Audio Architect system without using the Crown amplifiers. Now, don't get me wrong. I like Crown amps with the M2. I have used I-tech, DCi and CDi. Interestingly, I find the CDi 4/1200 amp to be a nice solution. Fan noise is at an acceptable level to me with that amp. And it's the least expensive Crown amp with M2 tunings. Anyway, I'm hoping somebody here knows how to get M2 tunings into a BSS DSP with Audio Architect.

I've tried putting the BLU80 file in to London Architect and run a Conversion to BLU100, so far so good... but how do I assoicate the converted file to my DSP?

If I fix this, could I afterwards retrieve the settings from the DSP and make changes from Audio Architect?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The Blu80 files that I have seen from the factory have passwords on the crossover and EQ settings so that we can't see what they are doing. I wouldn't bother with them. That's why I posted the link to the screen shots of an unlocked unit. That itech file is not secured, so you can see the settings. I don't think that there's anything different from the linked screen grabs in it. But I think that may be a London architect file, just like the blu80 file. I don't think we have ever seen a audio architect file from the factory. My memory is failing on some of these details, sorry.
    But all of the data is out there. The file that I created from scratch for my system is completely different, made in Audio architect instead of London, and even the channel assignments are wrong compared to the factory setup. I do remember that creating a new Blu-160 file and dragging function blocks into the design and connecting them was fun.
    If the files won't match and go online, the reason that I usually discovered, is that the hardware in the design didn't match the actual hardware. Check the number of channels in the input and output blocks, make sure that they match.

Change the name "Tord" to "U1". Then they will match and you can upload the file to the Blu-100.

Thank you, it worked

But one question regarding the unlocked M2 file... The x-over show several differnt crossovers, Low-Mid, Mid-High, Low Mid L, Mid-High L.

Is this supposed to be the same as Left/Right low and high?

And if so, why are there not two identical but just quite similar?

And last question.. what does it really mean that there are two channels and differnt types filter types, one use FIR and the other IIR?

Other crossovers I've used have only had one for high and one for low (or one HP/LP for Name:  bss.jpg
Views: 2154
Size:  254.3 KBbandpass)

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    I've tried putting the BLU80 file in to London Architect and run a Conversion to BLU100, so far so good... but how do I assoicate the converted file to my DSP?

If I fix this, could I afterwards retrieve the settings from the DSP and make changes from Audio Architect?

In the event that the records won't coordinate and go on the web, the reason that I generally found, is that the equipment in the plan didn't coordinate the genuine equipment. Check the quantity of diverts in the information and yield squares, ensure that they coordinate
    . Dafont 123Movies FileHippo

Thread Information