Thread: Duelund capacitors

Duelund capacitors

Hi all

has anyone experienced Duelund capacitors with compression drivers, I have read glowing reviews on these with great results. Many other project/crossover upgrades use Solen Mundorf V Cap jantzen which all look great, but I'm doing my final project( I'm laughing to myself)a nd want to get the best results with this system.... 1400nd x4 2441 2122h 2405.

I know they are expensive and I have hovland music cap in my 4350's which are great, but we all look for the next level, if it's worth it I would do it.

I would suggest that the next level is going partially active, and then fully active.
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

I've often wanted to try there caps. I just haven't gotten past the sticker shock though. But they seen to have came out with a somewhat affordable cast cap.

I use both passive and active networks on my speakers so there is still a need for caps there. But that being said I don't think crossover duty is the best place for ubertainium caps. No if your talking about coupling caps in a tube amp or preamp is another storey.

personally I think paper film caps are the best caps for this duty. There cheap and sound great. But they aren't small.

Nick

It seems counter intuitive, to me, to fret over the cost of Be diaphragms and then consider caps that cost more than the entire driver. Don't take that as me telling you what to buy, by all means smoke 'em if you got 'em!

I've been talking to some guys here in australia and one guy has the VSF duelund in his system and stated they are a clear leader in this area. I asked about the CAST and he said they are very clean HI FI sound... very clinical. He said if you like warmth and the organic sound the VSF is the one to buy. And being a Mcintosh tube guy this looks like the one to get and cheaper. On the grapevine i hear a company is also making a PIO capacitor at around 1/3 the price of duelund, sounds interesting. The research goes on.......

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    It seems counter intuitive, to me, to fret over the cost of Be diaphragms and then consider caps that cost more than the entire driver. Don't take that as me telling you what to buy, by all means smoke 'em if you got 'em!
    thats a fair call jeff, i need to stop reading on the web.....

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    I would suggest that the next level is going partially active, and then fully active.
    full active is the best way i agree but not ideal for me.

First time I saw the dueland vsf capacitors I though they looked like a wrapped up chocolate bar, lol. I'm betting they would be a pretty expensive one to boot, lol.

if you do try them out be sure to give us a full report.

They don't suck- very nice sounding caps.

Worth the money? Not for me. But they're very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by badman View Post
    They don't suck- very nice sounding caps.

Worth the money? Not for me. But they're very nice.
    i've been talking to some guys here in oz and they use VSF copper duelund in there x-over and love them. They have a warm engaging sound as the CAST are more dry and clinical sounding from what i am told.

Thread Information