Thread: JBL2213H desperation and despair...

JBL2213H desperation and despair...

Greetings All: In the mid 1970's I bought a pair of JBL 4310 Studio Monitors (I had done some recording at the Hit Factory in NYC and they had the same in the control room.) I have loved and cherished and used these for lo these many years. Recently I loaned one to a young musician friend of mine to test with a new amplifier. The 2213H woofer was unfortunately toasted by the process. I was able to procure a mint replacement 2213H and all is well in 4310ville however I still want to re-cone the original. They say timing is everything and it appears that JBL stopped supplying the kits just recently. I have called a bunch of JBL pro shops and they have been helpful as far as checking their back room stock for a JBL C8R2213 re-cone Kit that got overlooked. No luck at all. I think I can get an aftermarket kit but would much prefer the real deal. Since my monitors are in fine shape now I am not in a great hurry but still would like to find the kit before too much more time goes by. Any ideas, creative solutions, secret stockpile maps or whatever would be greatly appreciated. Also any experiences with an aftermarket kit for the 2213H just in case. Cheers!

BG

These have been on Ebay for a while now. They may be worth a try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-2213H-JB...item259260ebd3

Allan.

Those aftermarkets look very bad assembled, just take look at the 9th photo in his ad. VC wires wrong, shiny dustcap, wrong foam.

Why not try one of those 2213nd drivers from current JBL japan products?

Thread Information