1) What fundraising target do we think is realistic?
How much money is needed to complete Project May ?
2) Price per ticket ($5 has been suggested)?
That sounds good .
3) Timeframe (fixed or open ended until we reach the target)?
Fixed with a "provisional threshold" that if not reached is automatically rethought .
4) Who do we invite (Lansing Heritage only or other forums and websites)?
I'd expand the reach and look for other financial benefactors - while also looking to increase, overall, the Projects "interest factor" .
5) Any other issues?
To increase general interest - the relevancy of this project to others needs to be expanded.
One such area could be " to buy, test and audition" transducers that are presently available to the DIY crowd .
- I'm sure the ME150H should be able to compete favourably with the 1500AL. It's a newer generation tranducer and actually obtainable in North America .
- Additionally, the 2430/1 drivers could be checked out. They are relatively inexpensive. There is presently a group of Heritage posters who have articulated some problems with the incoporation of these drivers into their designs . Project May could develop some insights & guidance in this area if it choose to do so.
- These "parts" could be subsequently raffled-off at a later date. And that raffle could "roll over into" the funding of another project.
A future project ?? Buy all the available name brand capacitors for a high-end capacitor "listen off". This $$$ package could circulate for a while amongst those interested with an enclosed evaluation sheet sent along .
- That's one idea for a second project that would need funding .
All in all : I'd suggest ; use this present opportunity "of raising capital" to also generate increased interest in the existing project.
<> Earl K