Quote Originally Posted by martin2395 View Post
Yes, I've already sent an e-mail to Krell's tech support and asked for more info about programming the KBX but got no response yet.

What I do know is that they don't supply the freq boards anymore (probably since 2003-2005) so if they have different layouts, the KBX is a no go.
No, they don't serve them any longer. But it is important to get a KBX with the "General Purpose Board". That one still can be modified (but not by Krell) whilst some others that were made for e.g. Martin Logan or other specific speakers have specially designed boards that can't be modified. The KBX for Wilson WHOW has such a General Purpose Board. Its xo-freq. is 55Hz/18dB and on High it delivers the entire freq-range but on Low there is a MONO-Out just for that subwoofer.

I was looking for a KBX for my B&W Matrix 800 and got two KBX, one just for Martin Logan Monolith and the other for Wilson WHOW which I first used with my B&W ASW 850 till one day the left channel broke. When I opened it I found the General Purpose Board which afterwards I got modified for my 800. Then put the board into the other KBX. The cost was some 400 CHF. In case of interest I could give more info.

I am very happy with the KBX now and run it with a KRC HR, a KSA 300S for basses and FPB 350 MCX Monos for mid/high.