Thread: surround sound with 4350's

surround sound with 4350's

Hi Everyone
    My 4350's have been finally restored and on the way to my new home in Fiji.This forum in the past recommended a JBL Array 880 for a centre speaker. I am having trouble locating this item and I am wondering if the LC2 Studio L series could be a replacement?
    I also would like some suggestions as to what side/rear/ and high speakers (the ones above the mains) I could use? I guess the other words, the rest of the speaker system. I understand that the sides and rears should be dipole as recommended by THX.
    I am using a Integra THX 70.3 AV amplifier with the pre-out for the 4350's to a pair of Rotel RB 991 THX power amps.I would value any help as this will be the last system I put together due to health and age.But I still love my music and movies.
    Have a great day.

I had an ALL JBL surround system setup downstairs a while back,
    with a pair of biamped 4341 Monitors as Mains, L100T3s for Sides and L20T rears -
    and I used an LC2 for center ... seemed like a good combination!

Quote Originally Posted by traveler View Post
    Hi Everyone
    My 4350's have been finally restored and on the way to my new home in Fiji.This forum in the past recommended a JBL Array 880 for a centre speaker. I am having trouble locating this item and I am wondering if the LC2 Studio L series could be a replacement?
    I also would like some suggestions as to what side/rear/ and high speakers (the ones above the mains) I could use? I guess the other words, the rest of the speaker system. I understand that the sides and rears should be dipole as recommended by THX.
    I am using a Integra THX 70.3 AV amplifier with the pre-out for the 4350's to a pair of Rotel RB 991 THX power amps.I would value any help as this will be the last system I put together due to health and age.But I still love my music and movies.
    Have a great day.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I wouldn't call an LC2 a "replacement" for an Array 880, but its a good speaker. Another good option would be the PC600, but that's as hard to find as the 880.

Special Order The Array 880

Call Audio Video Logic and/or another authorized dealer and special order the Array 880. I just ordered a 4365C subwoofer from a dealer and it took only 2 weeks to arrive. It has the construction quality and performance level to match your 4350s.

Hi traveler;

I realize that you didn't really ask about what to use for a center. Having thought about offering an unsolicited opinion for several days, I decided I think I will.

Unfortunately building a single woofer 2235-2202-2440/2311/2308-2405 sounds like its not in the cards following you stated age/health. That is what I would personally do, being me and not you.

I love the Arrays but to my ears they don't have that large format presentation, at all. I don't even have to get through the door to tell which are playing. I wouldn't consider combining them in an LCR setup.

All the best,
    Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Thread Information