Thread: Price increase notice

Price increase notice

A company I deal with on the East Coast just let me know when I inquired about some recone kit availability that as of 7/1/14, JBL has increased their pricing. In my case, from spring of last year the same kit that cost 99.00 is now 200.00

Wow, now that is one true way to force me out of vintage JBL.

Anyone else have the same experience recently?
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

Quote Originally Posted by bigyank View Post
    A company I deal with on the East Coast just let me know when I inquired about some recone kit availability that as of 7/1/14, JBL has increased their pricing. In my case, from spring of last year the same kit that cost 99.00 is now 200.00

Wow, now that is one true way to force me out of vintage JBL.

Anyone else have the same experience recently?
    But, but ... Harmin' Stock is doing REALLY WELL!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    But, but ... Harmin' Stock is doing REALLY WELL!
    Nice one Heather! Really sad to see though but I guess I understand it. You want to kill the vintage JBL gear, this is how you do it (pricing). Some people will still be able to justify spending the $$$ so for Harman it is a win either way. Now is they would finally release the JBL 4428's and such here in the US......

Bottom line I am now shopping for brand new speakers for my living room, had enough I think.
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

Old JBL vs todays JBL

Most of us older folks are happy to have experienced vintage JBL.

Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Quote Originally Posted by spkrman57 View Post
    Most of us older folks are happy to have experienced vintage JBL.

Ron
    Ain't no spring chicken myself. One has to wonder if another Great Plains Audio business would be allowed to spring up. Seems that there is such a demand for vintage JBL product that one would/should look into it. Oh well. Hope to get my one 104H working again.

Nice one Heather! Really sad to see though but I guess I understand it. You want to kill the vintage JBL gear, this is how you do it (pricing). Some people will still be able to justify spending the $$$ so for Harman it is a win either way. Now is they would finally release the JBL 4428's and such here in the US......

Bottom line I am now shopping for brand new speakers for my living room, had enough I think.
    yeah, I kid - but it IS sad t see them walk away from the vintage market - its one reason I sold off the 4341s last year -
    I knew there were a lot of folks supporting the older gear - but I could see the company was pushing folks out,
    and ending a lot of the gear we loved ...

Just a shame and a tragedy ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

This makes the vintage gear more expensive to own but if you are sitting on a bunch of gear or spare parts you just got a few more pennies on your piggy bank!
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

A company I deal with on the East Coast just let me know when I inquired about some recone kit availability that as of 7/1/14, JBL has increased their pricing...
    Another way to look at it is that we have been lucky that they have supported so many legacy products for so long. For a $4B publicly traded company where profits are their sole motivation... I imagine this generosity has been an oversight that will be "corrected".

If they could charge enough to make it worthwhile the kits would likely remain available, but the rumors are that soon OEM JBL kits will be NOS only and then NLA.

Widget

Maron Horonzakz
    It makes a jug of whisky a damn site cheaper...

Thread Information