Thread: Project May

korgroenewoud

Project May

Hi,

I was just wondering, if in the future the components, cabinet- and crossover design will be available for interested members of this site?
    The cabinets look great!

Kor

The designs of the crossover and cabinets will certainly be available. Getting the components will most likely be available but may be regionally difficult to acquire. They are readily available in Japan, and I believe are available in at least some European countries. Here in the States, they are not technically available , but that may change with time.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by korgroenewoud
    The cabinets look great!
    Which ones?
    Please feel free to add to the discussions in the various design threads.

Widget

korgroenewoud

project may

The prototypecabinets i mean. Top bass, in the middel the horn and tweeter and under the woofer.

Kor

whgeiger

Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    The designs of the crossover and cabinets will certainly be available. Getting the components will most likely be available but may be regionally difficult to acquire. They are readily available in Japan, and I believe are available in at least some European countries. Here in the States, they are not technically available , but that may change with time.

Widget
    JBL (Harmon) now outsourcing product sales too!

So, consumer genuflects to Northridge from North American no longer desired.

Novel business model precludes sales to a whole continent of potential customers.

Thus, the design effort addressed here, based on quasi-vaporware, would seem to be an act of shear folly.

While shopping for drivers, the rest of us just look eleswhere, when confronted with such nonsense.

Regards,

WHG

This is an International forum. Many members live on other continents and in countries where quality is still preferred over the cheap crap that we Americans seem to love or at least accept. Besides, this project never was intended to be a blueprint for a DIY project for forum members. It was born out of the desire to pay tribute Don and later also Ed May.

Now if enough people who see and appreciate the results of this project contacted JBL and were serious enough to plop down the several thousand dollars required for these rarefied drivers, I am sure JBL will see their folly. Unfortunately, I am afraid that the number of DIYers that are that committed are few indeed.

And maybe we should be committed, but that is another topic all together.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by whgeiger
    Thus, the design effort addressed here, based on quasi-vaporware, would seem to be an act of shear folly.
    Consider it "inspiration," there's nothing in Project May that anyone cannot themselves accomplish, given the knowledge accumulated (largely gratis, I might add,) there.

It's a FORUM project, not a JBL one....

Thread Information