Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 2212 in Jubal?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    15

    2212 in Jubal?

    Hi

    I'm a new member of this exiting site, i'm living in Scandinavia, so please excuse my poor english.

    I got an excellent set of L65 yesterday. They sound wonderful, but maybe a bit more "soft" i the low area compared to my old 4311.
    Is it a good idea to replace the 126a-woofer in my new L65 Jubals with 2212??

    i've put my old 4311WX for sale now - with their great 2212-unit, which I mean is a sligthly better woofer - despite they both are with alnico magnets. But Can i just replace the woofers ??

    And finaly my maybe biggest problem: I need new grills for my Jubals - Any good ideas? Ebay seems to be of no use.

    I hope somebody can help

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Senior Member BMWCCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,019
    128H-1 would be my suggestion, and it's JBL's, too!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

  3. #3
    Senior Member honkytonkwillie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, but North-er and West-er
    Posts
    136
    Grilles for the L65 show up on eBay several times each year, although I haven't looked lately. I think a lot of people attempt to build their own. A while ago I found a site with a lot of good detail photos.

    http://blog.jbl43.com/?eid=664001

    The woodwork looks relatively simple, but the suspended bent metal rod doesn't look as easy.

    Edit: There's a pair available right now on that auction site http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-L65-gril...item20e8241116
    Last edited by honkytonkwillie; 07-02-2014 at 01:32 AM. Reason: add link
    I control the treble.
    I control the bass.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    15

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    128H-1 would be my suggestion, and it's JBL's, too!

    Thanks !! I'll look out for a pair of those - and sell the 4311's

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by honkytonkwillie View Post
    Grilles for the L65 show up on eBay several times each year, although I haven't looked lately. I think a lot of people attempt to build their own. A while ago I found a site with a lot of good detail photos.

    http://blog.jbl43.com/?eid=664001

    The woodwork looks relatively simple, but the suspended bent metal rod doesn't look as easy.

    Edit: There's a pair available right now on that auction site http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-L65-gril...item20e8241116

    Great!! Thank you!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member SEAWOLF97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    PDX, ®egon
    Posts
    9,291
    Quote Originally Posted by JesperSteen View Post
    Hi
    I got an excellent set of L65 yesterday. They sound wonderful, but maybe a bit more "soft" i the low area compared to my old 4311.
    Cheers
    it's funny you say that ... I had L-65's (original Jubals) and found them very bass heavy.
    They are low to the floor and you get too much reinforcement. it does end up being a little tubby. I thot it was inherent in the design and wondered if a different LF would make much difference.

    many here with better creds than I have found the same issue.
    It's easier to try than to prove it can't be done

  7. #7
    Senior Member BMWCCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,019
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    it's funny you say that ... I had L-65's (original Jubals) and found them very bass heavy.
    They are low to the floor and you get too much reinforcement. it does end up being a little tubby. I thot it was inherent in the design and wondered if a different LF would make much difference.

    many here with better creds than I have found the same issue.
    Combination of boundary reinforcement and possibly the fact that the HF and mids are way too low for most humans or their listening positions? More mids and highs instead of less bass? Haven't listened to L65s in years. My boss had them twenty years ago and we both liked the 030s better! Could have been the Crowns. (I sold him my Amber amp I bought when my D75 went back for its 20-year service. It replaced his Marantz receiver.)
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by honkytonkwillie View Post
    Grilles for the L65 show up on eBay several times each year, although I haven't looked lately. I think a lot of people attempt to build their own. A while ago I found a site with a lot of good detail photos.

    http://blog.jbl43.com/?eid=664001

    The woodwork looks relatively simple, but the suspended bent metal rod doesn't look as easy.

    Edit: There's a pair available right now on that auction site http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-L65-gril...item20e8241116


    Thanks for The tip about ebay. I got them and they are now on their way to Denmark! :-)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2212 & 2213 woofers
    By infinityQ2 in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 12:04 PM
  2. woofers, 2212 to 123A-1
    By dblaxter in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 09:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •