Quote Originally Posted by Don McRitchie View Post
The three pictures illustrate the room. The M2's will be going in my living room to replace the Altec Model 19's currently shown. As the space is my living room/dining room, there is no real opportunity for physical room treatments. Hence the reliance on DSP and room EQ.
Very nice room you have and even if this will be hard to say but there will always for certain be room anomalies that DSP or room EQ cant handle.

I understand that room treatment is of no option for you, but there is no short cuts here. If a problem is related to a room acoustical problem there will always be around despite the use of EQ. If a say to take the rooms problem out of the equation, it will let the speaker or system perform for the better.

I prefer that the rooms anomalies is to be dealth with first and then apply any necessery EQ to tail your own subjective listening tuning knowing that the rooms problem is fixed, just makes that job easier.

I also see that the speakers will be in their respective corners to close to sidewalls creating side reflections to your disadvantage. The bass will trigger all the room modes and there is no space to move them around. The measurements will show if this is the case or not.

I hope that you dont have that mush of problems from the room and wich you best of luck.